Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ananas D'Amerique A Chair Verte

Posted by HotHabaneroLady 7a Central MD (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 12:18

I grow mostly vegetables and herbs. But I just received many of my seeds for the coming year from Baker Creek. They enclosed as a free gift a packet of seeds for the melon Ananas d'Amerique A Chair Verte (American green pineapple melon). The description says it is quite a good melon, but also very rare. It sounds interesting and I love growing things that are a little different that you cannot find in stores or farmers markets.

Has anyone grown these melons before? Are they especially difficult or are there any special pitfalls or tips? How do they taste? Are they worth it and are they really rare or is that just marketing?

My yard is actually on a slope. At the bottom of it is a mound that is not current used. I am thinking this sounds like a good crop to grow in either the slopes area or on that mound at the bottom of the slope.

Angie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ananas D'Amerique A Chair Verte

Your posting might attract more attention if it were retitled and included the word melons. I initially thought it was forum spam.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here