Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tonytranomaha

Huge sweet and tasty BLueberry from Costco

Tony
9 years ago

Fruitnut
I am not sure what variety this one is, but I would love to have one.

Tony

Comments (9)

• fruitnut Z7 4500ft SW TX
    9 years ago

Tony:

Don't have any idea what that would be except to guess something like Emerald. But getting anything to produce this time of yr in Mexico seems like a difficult trick. Not sure how you would do that. Southern hemisphere I could understand.

• Bradybb WA-Zone8
    9 years ago

Tony,
    I checked on Driscoll's website and there is a page where a 16 digit code can be entered from the container to give information about the farm where they were grown.I'm not sure how specific the info will be though. Brady

Here is a link that might be useful: Driscoll's

• appleseed70
    9 years ago

Tony...try what Brady says about entering the code. I did that same thing once with peaches from California and it came up with the variety. It wasn't from Driscoll's, but in that case it did indeed give the variety. I think I entered the number from the sticker on the fruit itself.

• Tony
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Brady

the code is 6345 4623 4587 DS18, but I could not get it to search.

Tony

• Bradybb WA-Zone8
    9 years ago

Tony,
    I was able to get it to work.I tried to do a link to the page,but it didn't stay current.Just type in four numbers at a time and use their scroll to go to DS18 and that should do it.
    There is a patented variety called Driscoll Rockinoee,that only they grow.I'm not sure if that's your berry.
    It looks like there are only two growers in central Mexico that supply them with Blueberries. Brady

This post was edited by Bradybb on Sun, Dec 7, 14 at 16:15

• Tony
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Brady.

Tony

• sahmjay
    9 years ago

hey tony,

I tried to email you but you don't have one listed.. pls send me an email.

• inkfin
    9 years ago

Google search brought the results of the following blueberry cultivars Driscoll patented:
    DRISBLUEONE, DRISBLUETWO, DRISBLUETHREE, DRISBLUEFOUR, DRISBLUESIX, DRISBLUEEIGHT, DRISBLUENINE, DRISBLUETEN, and DRISBLUEELEVEN.

Driscoll Rockinoee is the trademark name for its DRISBLUEONE patented variety.

Driscoll's trademark name for other blueberries resulted as Stela Blue, Cielo, Violeta, Wicked Felina, and Sjulin.

None of these varieties probably will ever be for sale for home gardener like you and me anyway.

This post was edited by Inkfin on Wed, Dec 17, 14 at 15:29

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    9 years ago

Well you could try growing some from seed. You may not get exactly the same plant, but you will have a unique cultivar!