Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plum/Apricot wish list (branches for grafting)

Posted by Gardening_Maestro none (hifi75@luukku.com) on
Tue, Dec 10, 13 at 13:51

I'm looking for hardy and cold frost fruit varietes, zones 3-5 (plum, apricot. pluot, peach) sweet, in every way good (only scion wood)

Black Ice plum, Bubblegum/Toka, Superior, Kahinta, Tecumseh...

Apricot: Chinese/Mormon, Harogem, Westcot, Sulphany Whitefleshed, Afghanistan White-fleshed Apricot, Tlor-Tsiran

Peach: Contender,

I have these (my swap list):
Opal (early tasty)
Kubanskaja Kometa,
Reine Claude Doullins (dessert plum)
Victoria (Very tasty)
Jubileum (giant/super sweet plum)

Apple: Jaspi, Pekka. Julyred, Willnäs ananas, Sandra
(Also: Jättimelba, Pirja, Sariola)
and much more, but these are the best here in Finland, at least in my garden. :)

Description:
http://suomalainentaimi.fi/syysomena-pekka

http://suomalainentaimi.fi/syysomena-jaspi

Please, write to my email: hifi75@luukku.com

This post was edited by Gardening_Maestro on Sun, Feb 16, 14 at 10:54

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plum/Apricot wish list (branches for grafting)

trading scionwood internationally through the mail is a pretty questionable practice...it's how some of the nasty virus and pests we all deal with get spread around

o

Rob, So are you saying if you got dormant scions from a friend in the next county you won't have any pest or disease issues? That would be surprise. I do understand the need for a phytosanitary certificate though.

This post was edited by wildforager on Sat, Dec 21, 13 at 10:16

o

Stone fruits should not be sent from Europe to US due to plum pox virus. Its going to come to the US sooner or later but if people stop sending stuff it will hopefully be more later than sooner.

Scott

o

Wild forager,

There is always a risk of bringing in disease or pests when you bring in living material that has not been screened.
If I trade with someone in the next county it means risking disease that is already present in our population
If you trade internationally you risk brining in an entirely new set of problems....for everyone,by importing new pathogens or pests into the region. I am fairly certain it is illegal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here