Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growers Pride or GP

Posted by john222-gg ms./8 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 27, 12 at 16:36

Right heare by my house they are selling fruit trees.The trees are bare root trees.The problem is they don't show chill hours on bags.I can't seem to find GP on the net.is there any one that can tell me who to contact to find abought chill hours for Growers Pride or GP fruit trees.All help would be apreshated thanks and thanks for the help in the past.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growers Pride or GP

Well, instead of trying to find info on Grower's Pride, how about posting the varieties, and perhaps forum members can give you chill hours for the various cultivars you're interested in?

Patty S.

o

I have looked at a lot of the different names of the trees.I think they make up different names for there trees.you can't match the names with anything.These trees are at the local CO-OP Am going to try to get info from them.

o

I recommend ordering your trees from a reputable supplier. Even if you get specific info on varieties how do you know trees are labeled correctly?

Investing in trees from a reliable source is well worth some added expense. Growing fruit successfully is hard enough with the right varieties.

o

It is strange that a local Co-op would not be a reputable source. Master Gardeners are likely to be involved with a local Co-op and through that particular organization you should be able to get some decent information.
Usually bare root plants a dug during dormancy and sold just about the time that they're coming back to life.
I see you are from a warm zone and your concept of chill hours would have different significance than ours.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here