Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
strudeldog_gw

GardenWeb Blinded me

strudeldog_gw
11 years ago

Anyone else get the Bright Pink and Green screens when initially accessing the site today. If I can feel my way to my dresser I need to find a fresh pair of drawers as well.

Comments (14)

• sun_junkie
    11 years ago

Ha! I just got blinded by some bright green pop-up. It swallowed my whole monitor. Could hardly make out the "x" to close it. OUCH!

• glib
    11 years ago

But I use NoScript, and saw nothing.

• franktank232
    11 years ago

Same here...this website is becoming a joke.

• mrsg47
    11 years ago

Blech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! make it stop!

• strudeldog_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Attention getting YES, effective marketing NO, I can't even recall what it was advertising and I have seen it like 5 times now, as it seems to appear each time I return to the site after the browser has been closed. I understand the site needing marketing revenue and at least it's not on every thread you open. Now I am expecting it. Kind of like getting in a cold pool, after you are in you don't even notice it.

• ltilton
    11 years ago

NoScript and AdAware are your friends.

• megamav
    11 years ago

Im going to throw this offer out there...

Would the community here be willing to support a new website and forum dedicated to only fruit growing and scion exchange (pomme, stone and others)?

I am an experienced web admin who also runs the #1 Bowling Information website. I run it without ads and accept donations to pay for web hosting. Its been successful and the hosting account has been paid up 2 years in advance because the members love the no nonsense way of communicating. I would run it with phpBB, a 21st century forum software.

If you're willing to support this, please reply with, "I will support your idea." Support does not imply monetary support. I will need support from members to build the forum out efficiently and the best way possible.

If you'd like to see some of my work, please follow this link: BowlingChat.net Forum

Im willing to take on this challenge if other people will support the idea.

-Eric
    ----------------------------------------------------
    {{gwi:54837}}

• Kevin Reilly
    11 years ago

I support your idea...

The guys in the tropical fruit forum got fed up with GW and created their own site. Check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tropical Fruit Forum

• megamav
    11 years ago

I registered a GOOD domain name for this.
    I think its time someone stepped up, why not me, I did it with Bowling (my other passion).
    When the website/forum is ready, I'll make an announcement.

-Eric
    ----------------------------------------------------
    {{gwi:54837}}

• daemon2525
    11 years ago

I support the Idea.

• megamav
    11 years ago

Abracadabra: http://www.fruitcommunity.com

Welcome, ad-free, fast, organized.
    Communication, scion exchange.

• strudeldog_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am registered. I hope it's successful time will tell.

• Bradybb WA-Zone8
    11 years ago

Thanks megamav,I'm in.Maybe put your site information on a new thread,so people will notice it more. Thanks,Brady

• ltilton
    11 years ago

Worth trying

Not that I'm dissatisfied with this site, for all its problems

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert