Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a book on grafting

Posted by Waiting 9 (Sunset 14) (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 4, 12 at 23:57

Can someone recommend a good book on grafting? I'm going to try my hand at apples this year. Need lots of big pictures.

Thanks,

gary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a book on grafting

Waiting,

Just youtube bark graft or apple grafting. There are a bunch of video will so you how. Good luck.

Tony

o

Do a google search on Joe Real apple grafting.

There a lot reading and photo's this should give book worth information.

o

What Gator said. Here's a couple of links to get you started:

http://citrus.forumup.org/about1762-citrus.html

http://blip.tv/midfex/tutorial-t-bud-and-chip-bud-fruit-tree-grafting-techniques-350977

Also ask here. There are several very experienced grafters happy to answer questions.

o

There are some books (e.g. Reich's book) but the online stuff is a lot better. Along with the videos I would read a few pamphlets, there are many of those online -- see the Google search below.

Scott

Here is a link that might be useful: Grafting pamphlets

o

If you seriously want a book on grafting, this is the best. I would call it the Grafter's Bible because it's not a "handbook" at all. Everything you ever wanted to know about grafting!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Grafter's Handbook by R. J. Garner

o

Garner's book is 'The Bible'; but, as others have indicated, if you're gonna be doing apples, there's lots of good stuff out there on the 'net that'll probably help you more than the good book. Apples/pears are easy to work with, and very forgiving of beginners' often less-than-perfect attempts.
Expect success!

o

lucky_p,

Yes you are correct. Some of the best information I got was from the Citrus forum. It's just that Waiting wanted a book, or thought he did.

o

• Posted by Waiting 9 (Sunset 14)Thanks (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 16:43

Thanks for all of the replies. I am still a book guy. For some reason I can't seem to feret out the details in online pictures.

gary

o

Here is my take on bark grafting...

Here is a link that might be useful: Konrad's modified bark grafting

o

I asked a similar question a while back. I received a lot of advice from members of this forum in private messages, but I tried to copy some of the answers to the thread for the benefit of others. The link to the old thread should be here:

Here is a link that might be useful: what learning resources do you recommend?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here