Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
otnorot

My painting

otnorot
16 years ago

My painting,be honest good or bad I need some construtive criticism.Im 81 and learning.

Thanks

Bill

{{gwi:55430}}

Comments (8)

• vicki7
    16 years ago

Bill, it is beautiful! You are 81 and just learning? You are very talented.

• otnorot
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you Vicki I needed that,my daughter who is an artist say I try to hard to paint exactly what I see.
    Bill

• stormy_weather
    15 years ago

Lovely painting. I prefer more details and less contrast but it might just be your style (or your camera).
    In my art classes I was told to paint more than just what is there. :p Which sounds so silly out loud. I barely stifled my laughter.

• irisheyesaresmilin
    15 years ago

Bill !!!!!!!!
    What a lovely painting!!!! I can see where the talent must have come from.....perhaps this has been under the surface for some time!
    What a grand job you have done!!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!!!!

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

I think you did a great job. If your daughter is an artist then you will contiue to paint and who knows what your future could bring. At 81, I'm surprised you are just wanting to paint. Tell us more. I tole paint and have tried a few landscapes in acrylic. You could post on the painting forum and would get more compliments from all of the nice people over there.

• treelover
    15 years ago

Bill,

That's an unusual composition, with the dark trunk bisecting the canvas, but you've certainly made it work.

I followed the link to your photo gallery, and love the giant insects. What are they made of? I assume the wood carvings yours, too...? You are a man of many talents!

• r-tist
    15 years ago

Hey Bill, good for you. It's a nice painting. I see just a few things that will improve it. Your trees in the background need light at the top and the darker (shadows) at the bottom because the light comes from above.
    Sky is always darker at the top (yours is fine because you can't see much sky at all) and lightest as it reaches the water...therefore the water would be lightest where it meets the sky and blend to darker color at the bottom. Maybe a little highlight (medium grey to one side of the tree trunk (that would be the side the light source comes from, but not absolutely necessary (your choice.)
    AND, I must add, it will be just fine if you decide to leave it as is!!!
    Pssst, I don't proof read so sorry if there are typos
    I am almost 71 and have been painting since age 4. I teach people to paint who NEVER thought they could.
    Jo

• lilbluyze
    15 years ago

I just decided to look at this part of Garden web & I'm glad I did. I will say this is VERY nice and well done. I like it. For a beginner, it is most impressive!!!!

AJ

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz