Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
autumnclair

Would any one be interested in starting up Artist Trading Cards?

autumnclair
17 years ago

Artist trading cards, also known as ATCs, are 2 ½ x 3 ½ inch (64 x 89 mm) miniature works of art which artists trade with one another. They can be any medium: pencil, watercolor, acrylic, oil, collage, scratch board, mixed media - anything the creative mind of the artist can think up. Artist Trading Cards are produced as originals, in series.The cards are traded - never bought or sold.

Various techniques are then applied to the chosen canvas: collage, assemblage, digital art, calligraphy, beadwork, watercolors, rubber stamps, carved soft block stamps, pen and ink, colored pencil, airbrush, and many others. The back of the card typically includes the artist's signature, the date, and sometimes the number (if the card is part of an edition or series), and title. If part of an organized swap, it is common for people to add the name of the swap and sometimes the name of the swap host.

I think this forum would be a great place for this, I like doing it with dried flowers, stamps,colored pencils even copper foil boards.

If interested in doing this:

* Each person who joins will do two cards which are pretty much index card size.

* We'd be doing it by mail so with the importance of addresses being secured. I'd put everyone's name into a hat.

* I would then pick out two different people for each person to get a ATC from.

* I'm new here I don't see a private message section which is how we do it on other sites to exchange addresses. So if you'd like I'll post my e-mail address and you could all send the addresses there then I'd e-mail you back two different addresses to send the cards out to. I wish there was private messaging it would be more private to just exchange addresses with each other.

If interested: The first Thene would be Harvest Time, Halloween, Autumn. Pick which ever you'd like to do. Place your name or screen name on the back on the cards, date and GardenWeb being this is the Host Forum we're doing it on.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022