Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gourd_gw

More Leftover concrete (stepping stones)

gourd
20 years ago

These were made from that same leftover concrete but on the first day so I was able to pour it into some quickly made molds that I had been wanting to try out and some of the left over ceramic cuts from the tile used throughout the inside of the house. Some of the tiles moved some with me being in such a hurry, next time, I will take my time. These are my first tries (getting some expierence)..

Image link:

Comments (13)

• anne54
    20 years ago

I just love what I can see of these. Would you mind emailing
    me the larger versions, just so I can see them?
    Anne

• Wendy_the_Pooh
    20 years ago

Nice first tries! That's a good idea - those quilt patterns. They look very attractive to me and go well together, which is important in a path, I think.

Are you subconsciously trying to light a fire underneath me to get me to actually go to HD or Lowes to actually get the materials to do some stepping stones or other mosaics? It may be starting to work, but you haven't seen a picture of my stepping stones here yet.

I have:
    1) a table to work on
    2) a turntable to use

I need:
    1) protective canvas or plastic to work on
    2) materials
    3) a wee bit more motivation

Wendy

• gourd
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Yes, they are patterns from my quilting books. I made a bigger mosiac into a star shape and it is almost 4' x 4' to put in a workroom that we are making in the center of the room.. 155 pieces or so.

• Wendy_the_Pooh
    20 years ago

So you mean tiles in cement?

• Wendy_the_Pooh
    20 years ago

As a poured floor with tiles set in it before it hardens?

Wendy

• gourd
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Yes, it is a ceramic tile mosaic that will be put onto the floor, then other terracotta color tile throughout.

• Wendy_the_Pooh
    20 years ago

You know, if you can do mosaic stepping stones, so can I (this is part of my self-pep talk, don't mind me). Why am I so motivation-deficient when it comes to getting going with something "big" like that, yet I love it and think it's fun when I finally do try it? I want to try making something like that.

Wendy

• gourd
    Original Author
    20 years ago

You bet, you sure can do it. These were accidently fogged by the painters and i had to wash some of it off the paint, they almost ruined them, they were solid "Gray"..

• ceebee
    20 years ago

My garden would be prettier with a dozen of these.

ceebee

• gourd
    Original Author
    20 years ago

For molds I used those big waterdishes made out of alluminum that they sell at Walmart in the Pet section. They are huge, about 4.00 a piece. There are molds out there and also we can use pizza boxes, but I wanted round and kind of wide to be able to put a design. The next ones I want to try with glass (someday)...

ceebee, you can do it too. If I can, anybody can.. it's the motivation that needs to happen.. If those guys had not mentioned they had extra cement, I would still be waiting for the right time.. big procastinator here..

• anne54
    20 years ago

Sure ceebee, if you don't make real
    stepping stones, you can paint
    a picture of a lovely pathway
    with stepping stones.

• Havenewfs
    19 years ago

Wow, If anyone reads this still, how would you use a pizza box for stepping stones? We have some cement in a bag and I have to go to Home Depot for other reasons anyhow.

• katkerri
    19 years ago

Those look great gourd!