Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bramma_bc

Q: Sealing Paving Stones

Bramma_BC
18 years ago

I recently got the idea to decorate some 12" concrete paving stones. We were camping when I got the idea. Of course, I painted them before I did any research on sealing but I did use the proper outdoor craft paint. Before I started on any more projects I went to Micheal's & Home Depot, & a few others, to ask about the correct way of sealing my stones and I got different answers. The suggestions that I was given were: to use a clear concrete sealer, use exterior varathane and even a tile sealer. Some said to seal the whole paving stone(top, bottom, & sides) and some said to just seal the top. Some said to seal before I paint then again when it is completed, some said I only needed to seal the top after I painted. My head was spinning with indecision. I don't want to continue if it is not going to be done properly.

Help!!! Has anyone painted paving stones and what did you seal it with? How long ago did you do this and how has it lasted? Any first-hand help would sure be great. My many thanks in advance.

I thought I would post the paving stones for you to see.

{{gwi:55694}}

{{gwi:55695}}

{{gwi:55696}}

Carol from BC

Comments (5)