Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deanneart

Love to Paint Flowers

deanneart
20 years ago

HI all

I've just found this art gallery, too neat! I absolutely love to paint flowers of all kinds - Love to paint anything that doesn't move actually. Thought you'd like to see this newest flower painting. I called it "Springtime Fragrance" in acrylics.

Deanne

{{gwi:55698}}

Comments (19)

• ceebee
    20 years ago

I have no words to express this beauty!!
    You are GREAT!
    Thanks for sharing.

ceebee

• anne54
    20 years ago

Oh, WOW!!! You are in the same league with
    ceebee. Just incredible.

• Wendy_the_Pooh
    20 years ago

I don't know why I started calling you Deanna at the Photo Gallery. Forgive me, Deanne! This is wonderful. No wonder you are a decorative artist. What a good grasp of the medium you have! The detailing is great, the shading is great, the background is great. Need I say more?

Wendy

• deanneart
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Thanks all! I apperciate the feedback. So happy you like the painting. Wendy, not to worry about the "a" on the end of my name. Happens all the time.

ceebee - love your paitings! Beautiful! Keep on painting. I had a "dry" spell where I couldn't work for months, lots of stress in my life inteferred with the creative process. This painting was the "breakthrough" Thanks again!
    Deanne

• cheryl_S
    20 years ago

absolutely beautiful.... I am in awe!

• snail_bait
    20 years ago

If you are not exibiting your work or selling it you should be. It's quite professional and you have your own style.

• Grama
    20 years ago

Deanne, you are an inspiration for me. Having just sold my business, I have recently started painting. I enjoy flowers especially. However, in many books I buy, it says to place a real flower in front of you when you are painting to get the feel of the subject. Do you do that?

Is your artwork freehanded or traced first?
    Your art looks so real. You have a real talent. How long have you been painting and have you had lessons?

I enjoy looking at your work. Show us more!
    Thanks,
    Grama

• inchworminjersey
    20 years ago

Your depth and colors are amazing. Beautiful!

• deanneart
    Original Author
    20 years ago

HI Grama, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Been busy lately with lots of stuff.... Anyway to answer your questions. I've been painting for 21 years. When I work up a design I either work from a set up with live flowers or work from my own photographs. I'll freehand draw up the design on vellum or tracing paper then transfer it to my painting surface.

Yes I took lots of classes in the 1980's when I first began painting but haven't taken a class in a while. So glad you like the painting, Thanks much!
    Deanne

• Carole_NSW
    20 years ago

First time I have visited this forum and will be sure to visit regularly. Deanne your artwork is something special - what a wonderful talent you have. I love gardening and nature's bounty but unfortunately no art prowess. Thanks so much for sharing for everyone to enjoy.

• Sandyhills
    20 years ago

Can only agree with all the others!WOW! Joy

• deanneart
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Thanks everyone, I've finally gotten some close-up pics of this so you can see some of the detail in the painting.
    Rose
    {{gwi:55699}}
    Saucer Magnolia
    {{gwi:55700}}
    Enjoy!

• jain
    20 years ago

are those my tears of joy on the mag? just gorgeous!

• CalifClare
    20 years ago

Incrediable detail. Love your work. Amazing!

• Carole_NSW
    20 years ago

The detail is exquisite - are the dewdrops or such three dimensional? What have you used there for the water droplets? Is first class - congratulations on a wonderful talent? Have you been drawing/painting "forever" - was it something you started as a little one and progressed further and have you taken classes???

• MryRose
    20 years ago

Excellent!!! Great great detail Deanne. Is this painted on canvas and how big is it? I love your color combinations, really nice work.

Paint Drop Hugs!
    MaryRose

• deanneart
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Hi Carole and MaryRose, Carole, I've been painting for more than twenty years but always loved to draw and have worked with pastels and charcoal since I was about ten years old. And yes I also have taken classes. I spent a lot of time in different painting classes during the 1980's. The water drops are painted on the surface using the light and dark values of the object they are painted upon.

MaryRose, this painting is actually 16" x 24", a large piece for me and is painted on a masonite panel.

Thank you both for your kind words! Much appreciated!

Deanne

• grannymum
    20 years ago

Wow Deanne!!! Your painting is just beautiful. I am teaching myself to paint in acrylics & to see your picture is just so inspirational. Please show us more of your work & any hints or tips you may have would be so welcome.

• SoNJdaydreamer
    20 years ago

When i saw the "tears" on the flowers it almost brought tears to my eyes and then i read the following message posted by jain and I couldnt agree more. Thank you for touching us with your beauty.