Return to the Garden Art Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Birdhouse Gate

Posted by smileyface (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 17, 03 at 15:22

Here is a Welcome Gate I am working on. It is s work in progess at the moment. Check it out!

Image link: Birdhouse Gate (25 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Birdhouse Gate

That's cute. Will it have "Welcome" painted on it, is that why it's called a Welcome Gate? Two more questions: what paint do you use, and do you spray afterwards with an acrylic spray or do you just leave it? I've sprayed little things for indoors with that spray.

o

Thank You! Yes, I plan on putting Welcome on the top bar, and will probably add a string of lights to the vines. I have a little more painting to do on the bottom. The cat has to be finished and I will add little beetles and butterflies here and there. I use acrylic paints and when it is finished I will add some indoor/outdoor craft varnish I pick up at Walmart.

Wendy, did you get any of my e-mails?

o

Thanks for the info, smileyface. Yes, I got your emails, and I thought I replied (about going to the show to see your stuff in September). I will investigate and try again.

o
RE: Birdhouse Gate-e-mail

O.K. Pooh! I was away a few days and had a lot of e-mails that might have gotten lost with other mail. I am working on the gate a little today. Have a Great Day!

o

I have a perfect place for gate it's great.Are the bird houses on top real or just painted on pickets.You do great work just be your self and keep doing what you are very good at
Glenna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Art Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here