Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wildwendy_gw

What to do with 22' standing tree trunk

wildwendy
17 years ago

Hi Everyone, This may seem silly but I really am serious. Last year a strong wind came through and snapped off the entire top of a gorgeous pine tree in my front yard. This left me with a 22' (apx) standing trunk (no branches), which I cannot bear take down.

I live in eastern WA on a river and lots of birds use the trunk to perch,and I have also attached several cute bird houses to it so it would still be useful, but I am wondering if there is something I can do to make this tall standing trunk into something a little more attractive. I was thinking maybe there is some sort of wide plant or tree that I could place in a pot on top of this tall trunk to make it look like a tree again. Or maybe something fanciful like topping it with some kind of palm frons Of course whatever it is ,it would have to withstand cold winters with snow and natural perception for water (or be fake).

Has anyone ever done something like this? I'd really love to keep the tree trunk if I can make it a little more appealing to look at.

Thanks for any ideas you may have :-)

Wendy

only@wildwendyworld.com

Comments (6)