Return to the Garden Art Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wolf pic

Posted by smileyface (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 4, 03 at 7:45

Here is a painting I did on slate. I never tried painting woves before! Wish I could paint like Ceebee--maybe she can teach me?

Image link: Wolf pic (12 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wolf pic

The image is small and hard to see details,
but it looks really beautiful. Don't compare
yourself to others; just to your own past art
and see how you improve....just my humble opinion.

If I compared myself to ceebee and Deanne, I would
just quit.

o

Smileyface,
don't sell yourself short. You are painting some beautiful pics.
Don't try to paint like anyone else. Paint what you feel inside. You will get your own style. It may take a while before you notice it, but you will develop a style...probably already have and just haven't noticed.
If you are not satisfied with your work, that is just a sign of true artistic talent, I think. I am never satisfied with what I do.
Thank you so much for your compliment. It means a lots to have people say nice things about my paintings.
ceebee

o

I think this was an excellent choice of subject, the slate gives a sense of cold mountain air to the background. Nicely done.

o

Thank you everyone! It was a small piece of slate. My neighbor found me some big pieces. I think I will try one on them. Slate is nice paint on! It reminds me of the black creek stones I paint on. The black background and different levels in the top of the surface give it a little dimension. When I do lighthouses I add water to my paint and let it run down the rock, it makes some beautiful colors for the background.

Have a Great Day!

o

Smileyface, I love all your painted stones. I wish that you could email me whenever you have painted a new rock or stone. I love painting on rocks. My husband feels sorry for rocks LOL because he thinks I am abusing them by painting on them. He thinks they should just be left natural. I can't help it, but I love rock painting.

o

Smileyface,
Just wanted to say I think it's great .I think the slate adds to it.
would love to have some info on rock painting.Have never tried it,but will have to take a walk to back field[to creek]and find me some rocks.This could be my winter hobby.Just need to learn the basics
Have a great day Glenna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Art Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here