Return to the Garden Art Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting

Posted by Weed_Pickin_Momma z7 AR (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 18, 03 at 16:00

One more.
I did this this past May 2003. I haven't touched a paint brush for 4 years before this, or since. So it is a bit rusty. It is amazing how much one forgets when you don't keep up with your work.
I painted this on wood using acrylics. The original drawing I copied from a book I once saw but changed it a bit to suit my needs. I usually don't like doing that but really liked the drawing.
I made this for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day.
~Rebecca~

Image link: Painting (17 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting

Sweet and very beautiful. I loved
your pencil drawings too

o

Anne,
Thank you. :)
I went to your website. I adore what you have done. The garden painting with the man and lady is so beautiful it leaves me speechless! Just Lovely!
I read on your page and my heartfelt sorrow for your losses. I can only imagine how hard that must be. Our memorabilia is so irreplaceable..priceless.
I too am having to learn a new climate as I moved to AR about 4 years ago. I was born in CA but lived in Utah most of my life. I miss the mountains so much!
I do love the different flowers that grow here. I could never have an azalea in Utah! LOL
I have a hard time getting to garden much as I have a daughter that is 1 1/2. She keeps me very busy most of the time.
Your work is so inspiring to me.
I put your website in my favorites :)
~Rebecca~

o

• Posted by anne54 East Coast (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 19, 03 at 23:17

Thanks so much, my dear Rebecca. Your work is
inspiring to me too. We are not allowed to
promote our sites in this forum, but you have
just done that very nicely for me. Please
come back often as I am always adding new
stuff. I now have my own "Garden Art Gallery"
in the Woodcut Paintings section.
Anne

o

I've enjoyed your painting also Rebecca - the peaceful dove is depicted perfectly. As several other posts I've read tonight have reminded me ....of peaceful doves I've depicted in another artform; stitchery. I'm sure your mother-in-law cherishes your gift and talent.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Art Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here