Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deanneart

Painted plates

deanneart
20 years ago

This is a charger plate from a set I've painted with a fruit motif. I have clear glass plates so they can be used, it sets up a pretty table.
Green Apples and Strawberries
{{gwi:55923}}

Comments (21)

• KimmyStar
    20 years ago

How lovely...what a gift to be able to paint like that!

• blumin
    20 years ago

If you painted those plates like that ...YOU should be in business...AMAZING
    Good for You!

• jain
    20 years ago

blumin she IS in business, deanne has lots of books, video's, teaches etc. i LOVE her work, she has an amazing eye in art and photography and i forget too often to check and see what great things she may be posting here!
    deanne these are lovely! perfect for dining in garden splendor!

• deanneart
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Thanks all, I've finally gotten into my files and reduced a few more images of the other plates. Without further ado....
    Apricots and Cherries
    {{gwi:55925}}

Pears with Red Grapes
    {{gwi:55926}}

Victoria Plums with Golden Raspberries
    {{gwi:55927}}

Red Bartlett Pears with White Currants
    {{gwi:55928}}

Yellow Apples with Cabernet Grapes
    {{gwi:55929}}

• yeona_sky
    20 years ago

Beautiful, Deanne. If I had those plates I would have to use them all the time. As always, simply a pleasure to see your wonderful art.

Yeona

• triple_creek
    20 years ago

Deanne, the depth you achieve in your paintings amazes me. Beautiful! Norma

• enchantedplace
    20 years ago

Applause!

• gardenbug
    20 years ago

Aaaaaaah! Darn, no fruit in the house. You've made me hungry!
    I have plates that I use for special occasions and knives scratch them...so I only serve mushy stuff on them...like a cheese souffle.

• Marian_2
    20 years ago

They're beautiful , Deanne .
    I have a large jig-saw puzzle that is covered with plates that have fruit on them , similar to yours . It is called 'Impossible', because it has no borders or squared-off edges .
    I'll tell you a funny story about it . In order to remember the location of the plates , I put it together ,on the diningroom table , then STOOD on the table and took a photo of it !!! ( I know ... I'm weird ! )

• jain
    20 years ago

OH i am so glad i came back, they are simply wonderful!!! how long did it take you to paint the collection? i LOVE them, i hope you use them often!

• blumin
    20 years ago

Deanneart...I apologize whole-heartedly, I did not know you were an artist, or in business...I just saw something BEAUTIFUL and had to comment.

p.S. jain, thanks for bringing me up to speed.

• Bramma_BC
    19 years ago

Those plates would be hanging on my wall for all to see and enjoy. It is a pleasure to feast my eyes on something so beautiful. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Carol from BC

• pele03
    19 years ago

STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!

• JoniO
    19 years ago

Just great. I want to touch the drops of water, they look so realistic.

Joan

• Staci
    19 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!! You are VERY talented.

• jaceysgranny
    19 years ago

You are truly blessed with talent! They are fantastic!

Nancy

• sheryl_ontario
    19 years ago

Very beautiful! You are a very talented artist!

• beverlysgarden
    19 years ago

Your paintings are stunning!!! The depth, light, colors---are truly amazing.

Thanks for sharing.
    Bev

• roxypep
    17 years ago

Do you paint and sell these? My my my I couldn't take my eyes off of them for the longest! Awesome plates! I agree with another message left by a member about wanting to touch the water droplets. They look so real you want to touch them. Where did you learn to paint like that? Also I'd love to know if you make any to sell, if so please email me at RoxyPep1@yahoo.com

• sheryl_ontario
    17 years ago

Those are absolutely beautiful!
    Do you paint on the back of the plate? Do you find it hard to paint the bottom layer first?

• conscept
    16 years ago

Amazing - The composition colours and reality is amazing. The water droplets look 100% real. Very well done.

Sponsored
Brenda M. Miller Designer of Interior Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars73 Reviews
Client-Oriented Interior Design in Loudoun County | Best of Houzz X6