Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
botann

Spring is just around the corner

botann
14 years ago

In light of all the bad weather in the Midwest and East coast I decided to post this picture of my garden taken several years ago to lift some spirits. Spring is just around the corner!

{{gwi:56426}}

Comments (7)

• dahli22
    14 years ago

Beautiful and I like how you incorporated rocks. Thanks for sharing!

Here is my garden in spring 2009. sigh. (my husband likes to incorporate rocks too). {{gwi:56427}}From Kathy and Brad's garden in Juneau, Alaska (2009)

• botann
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Your garden looks real nice and the plants look healthy. Rocks are a lot of work, but fun work for me.
    I've been to Juneau several times. The first was in 1963, the last was in 2007. I like the southeast part of Alaska best.
    The Red Dog sure has changed!

Here is a link that might be useful: My garden pictures

• dahli22
    14 years ago

I think the Red Dog has moved 4 times since I first starting visiting juneau as a child. I'm partial to southeast too...

What is the pink groundcover in your garden?

• botann
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The groundcover is Creeping Phlox. I have to trim it back off the rocks about every two years. It blends in real well with rocks, but will cover them over time.

No wonder the Red Dog looked so different! It's also a lot more tourist orientated now.

Here's some more Phlox.
    {{gwi:56428}}

• dahli22
    14 years ago

wow! your garden is gorgeous with the water feature!! is that a natural pond? would love to see more photos of your garden!!

• botann
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I dug the pond with a bulldozer almost 30 years ago. The water level goes down in the summer to the point it's almost dry. When I took that picture there was a lot of pollen floating on the pond.
    The link below will take you to a slideshow of pictures I took this last fall.
    You can click on the above pictures and see more pictures of my garden or click on My Page
    Thanks for the compliment.
    Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Fall foliage tour

• dahli22
    14 years ago

it's fabulous. what a paradise you've created. my inlaws live in olympia...i have zone envy sometimes.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations