o
An older part of the garden

Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 9, 08 at 13:13

IMG_2884

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: An older part of the garden

I wouldn't mind sitting right in the middle of that sunny area - gorgeous old trees. Is this really your garden?

Bernadette

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 27, 08 at 5:45

When I bought the land 30 years ago it was a horse pasture. I put a modular home on it and started the garden. I'm a retired landscaper and garden designer so that explains a lot. Gardening is a hobby that turned into a vocation.
Our climate here near Seattle is a lot like parts of England.
My front door.

o

Oh thank you. My front yard has 5 feet of snow with 10 foot snowbanks. Sigh. Can't wait to see some colour again!

o

That is gorgeous! I love the big, older trees. How did you go about planning the layout of the flower beds? I am new to flower gardening, and we bought a house on 20 acres, and there is absolutely no flowers planted right now. Did you just go outside and do the layout, or did you draw it up on paper?

Thanks for the help!

Kim

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 21, 08 at 13:27

The garden evolved. I planted trees for privacy first and at the same time preserving the winter sun. No use blocking that out. We get precious little here in Western Washington.

I built the bones first and then the flowers. Most people go about it the other way, which is backwards to me. Flowers are frosting and you have to build the cake before you put the frosting on.

o

• Posted by dees 5 IN (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 25, 08 at 22:33

What a beautiful place you have created for yourself. I was looking thru your webshot photos and your place is breathtaking...I bet you have great fertile land, being as it was a horse pasture...show us more please...it helps with the Spring fever, ya know?
Dee

o

What an inspiration! I love how you have raised the canopies of your trees. What you have done with rocks is wonderful. It's so cold here in Eastern Kansas right now, but at least the sun is trying to peek out. I was outdoors yesterday in a jacket to work the compost! So anxious, and your garden gives me spring fever. Thanks for sharing.

o

Beautiful!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here