Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A splash or 2 of color

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Is the one in the last pic of Double Petunias? I like!

~Rosemarie

o

Yes, Roemarie. Double Petunias. This was the first year I have grown them. That was taken of a pot right before frost here. It put out kind of a last flush. I did a little more editing on it than I usually do. I can never quite capture the same beauty with a camera as nature gives to work with. But, my feeling is the the flowers are always the real scene no matter the little tweaks added to try to get close to the original beauty.

o

Beautiful!! In the 2nd picture what is that hanging way up in the top corner.Is it a "wandering jew"??
Kathi

o

Yes Kathi. I usually just buy a medium sized one each spring and by frost they are pretty big. Its an east facing patio. So, it doesn't get much direct sun up there in the corner, but they are pretty easy plants to grow and they do well there for me.

o

Beautiful Pictures and patio. I never seem to be able to pot my patio so nicely try as I may. Good Job!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ginger's Flower Garden

o

Your pics are gorgous Ginger. Me thinks you are being too modest! Thanks for sharing.

But, fwiw, about the only tip I would have about potted plants is just try to figure out how much sun and water they want and give it to them pretty consistently.

And, of course, reference to the gardner's addadge, gardeners are like doctors, we bury our mistakes. :) So, what I can't get to go by moving it or changing its moisture, usually takes a long walk off a short plank to the compost pile.

o

Nice Containers. My experience is that it is hard to keep containers so nice. Great job and nice pics, too...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here