Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I mix daffodils or tulips in these beds of Aptenia?

Posted by videocheez 9b (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 2:00

I have two long strips between and old driveway. Each strip is 40' x 32" wide. (See the photos below) I started planting some Aptenia Cardifolia there last weekend. I just got the bright idea that it might be pretty to plant a bunch of daffodils of tulips in this area too. I was hoping that by next spring, this area would be totally filled in with Aptenia and before it blossoms, I could have a nice display of tulips & daffodils popping up and giving a little show. It's just a thought. They would be easy to plant now because the ground is all freshly tilled. I was also wondering about the timing of planting those bulbs now with the hope of them blooming next year. I currently have daffodils that are just blooming and tulips that should open in a couple of weeks. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, VC

photo IMG_3356_zps97d0cee5.jpg

photo IMG_3359_zps7a70cc4c.jpg

photo IMG_3358_zps02b1003f.jpg

photo IMG_3357_zpsbbc98a90.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here