Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where can I store all my garden pics?

Posted by quirkpod 7 Lewisville NC (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 7:10

I desperately want to start a blog but blogspot.com and others are so defeating. Anyone else doing this and having success? So far all sites I try are not allowing me to do what I want, which is just post pics with captions and start a new album each season. I can list the sites I have tried but the list is too long. How about suggesting this idea to gardenweb? I did it this AM. We could store them right here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where can I store all my garden pics?

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 11:42

You can now post pictures in GardenWeb directly from your computer. Use the browse button.
I know this is not what you are looking for, but I hope it helps.
Mike

o

I like to store my photos on Dropbox.com. You can get a 2GB account for free, and it's easy to share images with others.

If you're looking to create a blog, posthaven.com is supposed to be super easy to use, $5/month.

Hope this helps.

o

To share with others I also use Dropbox, but I also use Flickr. It's free and very good, it can also link to Facebook. You can have a look at mine if you like, user name is bloody-ell. When I was joining up I got so frustrated selecting a name I just implusively typed that.

o

I enjoy Gardenstew.com also. I had years worth of photos stored there and keep a little blog there also. Pretty simple format though.

o

I moved my blog to squarespace.com and added a gallery or two to the regular blog posts. Love the idea of having the blog as my journal and the gallery as my photo book. I sorted pics by season. I also added a few garden tours to another gallery. Let me know what you think?

Hamptonsgarden.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Hamptons Garden blog/galleries

o

I just took a look at your Hamptons garden site, jclay. Beautiful pictures. Looking at some of the picture galleries and blogs is inspiring me to start my own.

o

I have settled in nicely at http://www.snapfish.com and now consider it my garden blog, consisting of captioned pics. I could not use any of the suggestions above due to having to either download software or update my browser to use them. Thanks for trying. It has been a good learning experience and now I can carry on a conversation when others telling me about their blogs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here