Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ideas for this weird space

Posted by Adrift-in-beauty 9b (wacshbar05@live.com) on
Wed, Mar 26, 14 at 14:33

I could use some ideas of what to fill this space its mostly light shade all day with a good amount of indirect sunlight right now its home to mulch and rocks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ideas for this weird space

Maybe use some stone or something to make a border and shape a little planting area. Use the fountain as a focal point and add some shade loving flowers, plants etc...

o

Thanks week im growing lemon balm do u think it would like it over there and. In the corner you can see the raised mound I have should I do that over there too ...

o

I don't know anything about lemon balm, sorry. But maybe something like a Japanese maple or dogwood. Also depends how large a tree you want in that space. If I had better skills I could draw on your picture what I'm trying to explain...but, I would clear out that whole corner so you have a clean slate to start with. To simplify matters, you could just use that corner to make a semi-circle shape to make a little (or big!) garden. You can get relatively inexpensive bricks or other stone at a place like lowes or Home Depot, but you could also use large rocks and such you have laying around for a more "natural" look.

Do a google search for shade tolerant bulbs that you can plant in the fall and enjoy every year instead of planting annuals if that's not your thing.

I like to use a tree or fountain as the star of the space and then layer plantings with different colors and textures to fill in the space.

Hope this helped.

o

I just realized you can't see the baby crepemyrtle I have planted behind the fountain lol so make a nice lil flower bed beside the crepemyrtle that's kinda a cool idea I gave a whole big pile of rocks hiding under that mulch I can use ..
. I'll post pics when its done

o

Oh how pretty! That will look really nice in the space. And I love the fountain btw. Have fun, can't wait it see the 'after' pic!

o

Crepe Myrtles like sun- but ! Hydrangeas love shade

o

I could do hydrangeas there you are soon right .. hydrangeas and lemon balm would look pretty under the crepe as it grows ... I planted some freesia around the fountain hope it brings ever thing together . As the crepe grows and the white bougainvillea grows on the fence it will be a mostly shade area I hope they all like it I will post pics soon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here