Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shawna_8

Great Photos For All To See

shawna_8
17 years ago

HEY Garden Web World - -

I just got my latest website updated and ready for the world to see. I have a "Photo" section as well as another photo gallery under the "Landscape Design" category.

www.thecasualgardener.com

Please go out and take a look at it! I'm searching for opinions on the website - ways to improve it.

Keep in mind I did this website myself and am not an all Supreme Web Developer. Instead, I am an all around gardening addict. There are lots of beautiful pictures of the garden as well as some of the work I've done. I've also listed information about my newspaper column on gardening out there too.

Let me know what you think everybody!

Thanks!

Shawna

www.thecasualgardener.com

Comments (13)

• zabecc
    17 years ago

I couldn't get your page to come up :(

• shawna_8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OH NO! I just went out and was able to get on the website fine - www.thecasualgardener.com

Please try again!!!

Thanks!

Shawna

• botann
    17 years ago

It came up for me. I saw pictures of flowers, but that's not a garden. A garden is more than close-ups of flowers.

Show us your garden so we can see your garden design ideas.

• jroot
    17 years ago

I think botann is tooooo critical here.

I feel that you site has great potential. It would be nice to see a more distant shot of your many gardens, as it gives us a sense of the "design" factor of your gardening.

I look forward to viewing your conservation in the garden section, when completed. Likewise your health in the garden section.

Thanks for sharing.

• botann
    17 years ago

Yes, perhaps I was. Shawna,I apologize. Perhaps I should have worded my solicited opinion on your website a little less direct. I guess I was put off by the post as more of an advertisement from a 'pro' rather than posting garden pictures.

• shawna_8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

No offense taken Botann! Go to the Landscape Design Gallery on my website. You can see several renovations, before and after and how the gardens are laid out by clicking on the links within the Landscape Design Gallery.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks!

Shawna

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

I enjoyed seeing your webpage. I really liked the before and after photos. Your hostas are gorgeous.

Good job...I wish I could EVEN make a webpage.

Carol Ann

• ninelargec
    17 years ago

Yeah, the before and after photos are great - I hope the weather where you are isn't messing things up too bad. The wind is crazy around here today!

• eric_wa
    17 years ago

Reading your post quickly the first time, I also got the impression of advertisement. If I didn' scan down to the follow ups, I would have just moved on.

I would also like to see more wide angle shots. I personaly like more drifts of plants, threes, fives or more. I don't care for one of this one of that.

I do like the before and after shots, hardscaping and rockeries. Photos are clear and colorful.

The web page is a good start.

Eric

• shawna_8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for the great commentary Eric! You definitely got the impression of advertisement - I'm a landscape designer with a company to promote. BUT, you have given me some great commentary. I have some new customers that should have their designs installed this month, so I will definitely get some more wide-angle shots so we can have some better views. My plans include re-doing the face of the website a bit and adding some EASIER navigation. I can't wait to get it all up and going, but have been busy doing designs lately and haven't had time to get the web changes done.

Do you have some photos of your garden I could go and see?

Thanks again!

Shawna

• eric_wa
    17 years ago

Shawna,

I don't have flower beds of the traditional sense. My property is based on sustainable living. Orchard garden or forest garden. At the base of all my fruit trees I have other edibles. So I suppose you could call it edible landscaping. Drifts of gooseberries, currants, highbush cranberries, service berries,rosa rugosa, sea buckthorn, ect.....

The orchard is set on contour, so I have level berms and swales. I real don't like the straight lines, so I'm thinking about adding some keyhole beds.

I also have ducks, for slug patrol, egg production, and geese for weeding.

Anyway, wrong forum for all this jabber.

Don't have a web page. Will post a few pics here.
    {{gwi:57239}}
    {{gwi:57241}}
    {{gwi:57243}}
    {{gwi:57245}}
    {{gwi:57247}}

Sorry folks if this is to many pics.
    Looks like I could work on my wide angles also.

Eric

• shawna_8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wide angles, Scmide angles. Eric - sometimes beauty is just beauty and indeed your garden is.

Keyhole beds would work.

How do you maintain all this yourself? Do you work full time at it or do you maintain a full time job outside the garden as well?

Now that my garden has grown in size it definitely takes more tending.

• eric_wa
    17 years ago

I work with my brother landscaping Monday thru Thursday. I have a lawn and garden repair business on Friday, sometimes Saturday. Saturday and Sundays I try to leave open for home projects. Currently setting up an area for pigs. They will be part of my veggie garden rotation.

Water feature we installed.
    {{gwi:57249}}

Eric

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting