Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pics of the new deck!

Posted by sunshine1151 zone 7 VR BC (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 28, 06 at 11:39

My husband built a new deck, and I thought I would share some of the pictures.........he did an amazing job. It took a lot of hard work.

Image link: Pics of the new deck! (52 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pics of the new deck!

• Posted by javan 9b n. coastalCA (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 28, 06 at 12:00

Beautiful! Great job. Jim

o

How inviting! Your hard work paid off beautifuly.

o

Wow, that's beautiful! Looks very inviting...

o

Wow, your DH did a fantastic job. One you can both be proud of and one you will enjoy for many years to come.

FlowerLady

o

• Posted by sheri St. Louis/zn 6 (My Page) on
    Tue, May 9, 06 at 16:32

Simply gorgeous!! He did an excellent job!

o

Beautiful job does he do others? He looks good enough to contract out his work.
Jill

o

• Posted by jroot 5A Ont. Canada (My Page) on
    Thu, May 11, 06 at 19:17

Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

o

Actually, he has built one other deck before this.....at his sisters trailer.........the other one used pressure treated wood...........so no staining involved.......this one took a lot of work for the foundation and the staining..........once the boards were laid down, it all seemed to come together......thanks for all the great compliments!

o

• Posted by denaw z8Conroe (My Page) on
    Mon, May 15, 06 at 17:12

I just wanna know do you rent out that husband of yours??..or..I am up for adoption as a sister!!!
lol
That is beautiful!!!
Dena

o

Hi sunshine, WOW what a deck! You have to share what stain / finish was used. I just love the colour and nice sheen too!

canoekid

o

What kind of wood and stain did he use? It is just gorgeous. We are looking for deck ideas and yours is beautiful. Liz

o

We used a deck finish called "Sikkens Cetol Deck Finish" . It's a product from the Benjamin Moore paint store. Expensive........took 3 gallons at almost $ 100.00 / gallon. The wood is cedar.......not the treated wood.......stained all sides of the boards, and two coats on the tops of the boards..........this was all done before they were put down........Lizinnh I have more pics if you would like to email me.......I can send them to you........I have a picture I especially like, but didn't manage to get it on here.........it shows the corner of the deck with the wrap-around stairs. email sunshine1151@shaw.ca

o

sunshine, I noticed the gutter/downspouts. Even though it appears there is no roof, there must be something clear up there. What did you use? Fiberglass sheets, perhaps? Do you find it warms up the seating area, or does the air flow prevent that?

We recently took down a deck and are building a patio, and I'd love a pergola. Yours looks terrific.

Lori

o

Lori,
We used the clear corrugated hard plastic roofing sheets......we decided on the clear because we wanted as much light as possible in our family room, and not to appear dark............we face north south, which gets morning and after 4pm. sun.........it does take a little more upkeep to keep clean.........usually once per year cleaning.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here