Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunshine1151

Pics of the new deck!

sunshine1151
17 years ago

My husband built a new deck, and I thought I would share some of the pictures.........he did an amazing job. It took a lot of hard work.

Image link:

Comments (14)

• javan
    17 years ago

Beautiful! Great job. Jim

• sarasmiles
    17 years ago

How inviting! Your hard work paid off beautifuly.

• juanital
    17 years ago

Wow, that's beautiful! Looks very inviting...

• FlowerLady6
    17 years ago

Wow, your DH did a fantastic job. One you can both be proud of and one you will enjoy for many years to come.

FlowerLady

• sheri
    17 years ago

Simply gorgeous!! He did an excellent job!

• loveofmylife680
    17 years ago

Beautiful job does he do others? He looks good enough to contract out his work.
    Jill

• jroot
    17 years ago

Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

• sunshine1151
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Actually, he has built one other deck before this.....at his sisters trailer.........the other one used pressure treated wood...........so no staining involved.......this one took a lot of work for the foundation and the staining..........once the boards were laid down, it all seemed to come together......thanks for all the great compliments!

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

I just wanna know do you rent out that husband of yours??..or..I am up for adoption as a sister!!!
    lol
    That is beautiful!!!
    Dena

• canoekid
    17 years ago

Hi sunshine, WOW what a deck! You have to share what stain / finish was used. I just love the colour and nice sheen too!

canoekid

• lizinnh
    17 years ago

What kind of wood and stain did he use? It is just gorgeous. We are looking for deck ideas and yours is beautiful. Liz

• sunshine1151
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We used a deck finish called "Sikkens Cetol Deck Finish" . It's a product from the Benjamin Moore paint store. Expensive........took 3 gallons at almost $ 100.00 / gallon. The wood is cedar.......not the treated wood.......stained all sides of the boards, and two coats on the tops of the boards..........this was all done before they were put down........Lizinnh I have more pics if you would like to email me.......I can send them to you........I have a picture I especially like, but didn't manage to get it on here.........it shows the corner of the deck with the wrap-around stairs. email sunshine1151@shaw.ca

• loriafopiano
    17 years ago

sunshine, I noticed the gutter/downspouts. Even though it appears there is no roof, there must be something clear up there. What did you use? Fiberglass sheets, perhaps? Do you find it warms up the seating area, or does the air flow prevent that?

We recently took down a deck and are building a patio, and I'd love a pergola. Yours looks terrific.

Lori

• sunshine1151
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Lori,
    We used the clear corrugated hard plastic roofing sheets......we decided on the clear because we wanted as much light as possible in our family room, and not to appear dark............we face north south, which gets morning and after 4pm. sun.........it does take a little more upkeep to keep clean.........usually once per year cleaning.

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists