Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My favorite corner of the backyard

Posted by crueltyfre 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 4, 09 at 13:52

It's taken me years to come to love shade gardens, but I'm there! This is my favorite corner of my yard, the first spot to go full shade so for many years I hated it.

Staghorns and BC Maikai hang under the sweet gum tree on left. Epiphyllum in black basket by wind chimes in tree. Foxtail and coconut orchids by fence, vanda's in tree on right. Rabbits foot ferns in three tiered pot under tree. Pond plants arrowroot, pickerel, water hyacinth. Ground orchids in pots by bench. Confederate Jasmine on fence, foxtail fern below. Regular boston fern under tree. Squeek relaxing, squirrel eating. Foreground left is plumeria just starting to leaf out.

Lori

Here is a link that might be useful: Shady Corner Big

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My favorite corner of the backyard

• Posted by dees 5 IN (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 4, 09 at 22:52

Lori, love your shade garden...Looks so calming and relaxing. I know where I'd be sitting and relaxing about 6:00 am...sippin' my coffee

DeeS

o

I'm a big fan of sittin' in the shade on a hot day. Nice job of making it nice and inviting in there while you cool out.

o

What a beautiful garden
I love the last photo - is it a giant butterfly bush? It is beautiful
Olya

o

Thank you so much. If you're asking about the purple one at photobucket, that's wisteria, tree form. I had bought that plant and grew it for a handful of years. Then my yard went shady so I gave it to my neighbor. That picture is my plant in his full sun yard, lol. Love it, it smells wonderful. Shoots and cuttings avail from time to time, just ask.
Lori

Here is a link that might be useful: tree form wisteria

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here