Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Updates

Posted by aimeekitty zone 9 (SW 18) socal (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 21, 10 at 13:54

Here's what it looks like this past weekend.

My husband mowing the lawn in his suit. haha. <3

This is one of the plants that was put in by the builders of our house. Australian Tea Tree. It's charming!

my mom bought me a few of these little toadstools for my herb pots. They're made by a local socal artisan. They're so cute! My mom really loves stuff like this.

These are treasure boxes! I've always loved them. They're so weird and pretty.

This is what my backyard looks like right now! (In case you're curious this is what the yard looked like in January)
The Crepe Myrtle is leafing out as are the previously dormant wisteria.
Weeping sakura in front, sakura in the back... morea, delphinium, foxglove, wistera, cosmos and penstemon.

Mostly roses, lavendar and prostrate camellia

more roses, crepe myrtle, irises, etc...!

rosemary, morea, irises, etc..

This is the back left corner... I put in a couple clematis near the climbing roses. The idea is to add some kind of arbor inbetween them so that the purple clematis and the pale roses can climb over it. I still haven't decided on an arbor yet. (AGH)

One of the clematis I put in this past weekend! This is Silver Moon.

the position it's in on the sideyard (the plants are centered on the house windows in the kitchen and dining room)

some kind of daisy I got this weekend. I can't remember the name. but I really really love this little daisy.

My mom brought me irises from her garden (and her mother's garden) over Christmas break.

Here's one of the blooming ones!

Lastly, here's some of the already sprouting seeds I planted about a week ago. Possibly columbine or other wild-flowers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Updates

I love your broken concrete patio. It has a wonderful cottage garden feel to it- I imagine it was quite a bit of work to lay it!
I think you should have two arbors- one for your climbing roses, and one just off the grass in front of your back path to the corner (pic 1).

I love the fortnight lilies/moorea/dietes (I have two I just planted), but they get ratty pretty fast. You may want to consider spuria iris instead at some point, if you get tired of them.

You may also want to post your photos over on the Cottage Garden forum, which gets more traffic, I think.
Renee

o
RE: Garden Updates

Hi Renee! Thankyou!
Thankfully I didn't have to put the concrete in. It looked like it was a lot of work!

Basically, in pic 1 (http://aimeemajor.com/images/photos/2010apr/lawn.jpg )
I was going to put an arbor at the end of the stepping stones in that back left corner. What's the other position you were thinking of? :)

I didn't know about spuria iris... they look wonderful! Maybe I'll go ahead and get some (planting times allowing). I love anything iris-like.

I'll repost in Cottage Garden, too. THanks for the tip.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here