Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginger57_gw

Check out our before and after pictures

ginger57
16 years ago

These are pics of our yard a year ago this month (we had just bought the house) and after pictures taken in August. We did all of the work except for the interlocking brick path and patio which we hired out. We have a lot more plans for this summer

{{gwi:57758}}

{{gwi:57760}}

{{gwi:57762}}

{{gwi:57763}}

{{gwi:57764}}

{{gwi:57765}}

{{gwi:57766}}

Comments (18)

• barb_r
    16 years ago

That is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

• patsi
    16 years ago

Very cool !!!

• maggie_berry
    16 years ago

I love the different stones!!!! I really like the walkway around the water feature!

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

Wow, Great job you've done on the place. I know you must be very happy and proud with it.

• gemiknight
    16 years ago

Looks good but I don't like the plastic dividers. Suggest using rock or some other stone/rock to dived the grass from the bed or beauty bark.

• botann
    16 years ago

I really like what you have done. Your yard has a neat, organized, overall appearance. Now you and those wonderful Irish setters have a backyard to enjoy. I'll bet your friends and neighbors are envious. The borders add to the neatness and contribute to lower maintenace. Thumbs up!

• ginger57
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Botann the setters belong to my neighbour. There is a chain link fence between our yards, thats hard to see. This year we are planning on putting a row of swedish aspens all along the fence to give us a bit more privacy.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I am eager to get our there this summer and rip out more lawn :)

• birdbite
    15 years ago

absolutely gorgeous! What is the furry thing in your birdbath?

• ginger57
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL Birdbite, at first I thought it was a huge robin, but then realized it is head of the dog next door. He is actually in his own yard, but the way the pic was shot it looks like he is sitting in the birdbath

• RickandChrystal
    12 years ago

What a difference! One item of note... Those ninebarks will need a bit more space. You may need to extend the bed out another 4 to 5 feet to allow them to fill in. They will be easier to relocate sooner than later. Great color choice for that location!

• Central_Cali369
    12 years ago

Wow that's amazing. Great job!

• neesie
    12 years ago

I can imagine how envious the previous owners would be to see how lovely your yard turned out. Ginger57, we'd love to see more images if possible!

• tussiemussies
    11 years ago

What a beautiful transformation! You must be so pleased with it...

• juanital
    11 years ago

Your hard work really paid off! It looks good!

• flowerpig
    10 years ago

WOW! Well done!!

• ivy2003
    10 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. Great work!

• pippi21
    10 years ago

Great job! It is beautiful and next year when everything grows in with more color..we hope that you will continue to show pics of more progress and changes. Pat yourselves on the back and feel proud..you deserve it! Thanks for sharing your pictures!

• gregorson
    10 years ago

You have every reason to be proud of yourself..
    Great work !!

Sponsored