Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amavi_gw

Two amateurs - one big garden, now what?

amavi
17 years ago

Just discovered this site and thought I'd post a few pics of my garden. I have lots of questions? Just aquired the garden last year - prior to that, no garden experience. It's been fun but a whole lotta work. This year will be better, I now have season under my belt. Lots to learn, looking forward to checking in on this site often.

http://ken.schell.googlepages.com/garden

Comments (7)

• botann
    17 years ago

The garden is well done. You have pruchased a garden built by someone who dearly loved plants and good design. Congratulations! Be careful doing anything radical.

• FlowerLady6
    17 years ago

Just wonderful! Very soothing, colorful, happy and peaceful.

FlowerLady

• gingergaia
    17 years ago

WOW! All I have to say is ,read,read,read, question and give it time. I see lots of beautiful plants and great design features but how large is it? Are we talking acrage?
    It would thrill me to buy this but break my heart to leave it. I really feel for the sellers. Are they available for questions? have fun.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gingers Flower garden

• amavi
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes, been doing lots of reading and watching my share of garden shows. Not nearly as intimidated as I was last year about this time - it's starting to make sense. Here in Washington, I'm realizing it's much more about maintaining than culitvating - the stuff grows like crazy.

No, not acres but very dense and over 200 species. We're the third generation garden owners. Don't know the original owner, neighbors say he was obsessed about the thing - would travel out of state for rare varieties.

Thanks for the link, nice garden - it's a big one.

Is it me, or is this forum software kinda lame?

• dainaadele
    17 years ago

Yes, it is lame, but this is the best site I have found for info from the people who grow the stuff vs garden centers. So I keep staying and reading... Grin.

Your garden is gorgeous. I started with a blank slate of grass and am trying to get to where you are.Maybe another 5 years or so......

• Vikki1747
    17 years ago

I agree the site is lame, the pop-ups drive me nuts, but I'm addicted. Wow, what a garden you bought and the house came with it too, hee, hee. If you don't know what something is you can post a picture to the "name that plant" forum and someone will do just that...give you the name of your plant. You can then learn how to take care of them, i.e., prunning, feeding, etc. Your place is really fabulous. I applaude your willingness to embrace the garden. It IS a lot of work but you won't regret it. Have fun, Vikki

• anitamo
    17 years ago

It's breathtaking. You are so lucky.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting