Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aribis_gw

New to this, looking for Ideas!

aribis
14 years ago

Hello all, I am totally new to the gardening thing, but I really enjoy being outside and working to improve the look of my yard. I wanted to do something dramatic to my yard so 2 years ago I put in a flower bed in my front yard. Now I didn't know about the news paper trick, so I dug out all the grass, by myself, with a regular old shovel... It was tough work! Dont know the exact measurements but its roughly 25'x10'.

{{gwi:58008}}

{{gwi:58009}}

Not much has changed from these pictures, due to spending most of last summer painting my house. I did plant some purple Phlox in front of the hostas today spaced 36" apart following the shape of the bed. I was thinking about something in-between the hostas and then something behind those, and infront of the bush, that grows a bit taller(open for suggestions). One more question, with the Phlox. The package said Annual's, but I have the same plant(different color) on the side of my house that comes up ever year. I heard about reseeding, will this happen with my new plants too? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Anthony

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH