Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to this, looking for Ideas!

Posted by aribis NY (My Page) on
Thu, May 28, 09 at 1:25

Hello all, I am totally new to the gardening thing, but I really enjoy being outside and working to improve the look of my yard. I wanted to do something dramatic to my yard so 2 years ago I put in a flower bed in my front yard. Now I didn't know about the news paper trick, so I dug out all the grass, by myself, with a regular old shovel... It was tough work! Dont know the exact measurements but its roughly 25'x10'.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not much has changed from these pictures, due to spending most of last summer painting my house. I did plant some purple Phlox in front of the hostas today spaced 36" apart following the shape of the bed. I was thinking about something in-between the hostas and then something behind those, and infront of the bush, that grows a bit taller(open for suggestions). One more question, with the Phlox. The package said Annual's, but I have the same plant(different color) on the side of my house that comes up ever year. I heard about reseeding, will this happen with my new plants too? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Anthony

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to this, looking for Ideas!

Go to the Hosta Forum. What a beautiful spot to plant ALL hostas....Your yard is beautiful. Hostas are gorgeous, many varieties, sizes, and they are NO work. You can tuck some color in between with things like impatiens. Look at some of the hosta garden pics that people post. The 'bug' bites hard. Lots of New Yorkers on that forum, too.

Westy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here