Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wow you guys are great/best of pics

Posted by dansgrdn z5Chicago (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 07 at 1:50

I haven't visited this forum in quite a while and I really enjoyed catching up on all of the posts and pics I've missed. Guess I have to make this a regular stop again for my daily garden picture fix. I have around 400 pics in photobucket sitting around doing nothing so I figured I'd post my best of.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

\Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wow you guys are great/best of pics

beautifulst!!

Here is a link that might be useful: www.gardennauta.com

o

Your photos are very inspiring ! I love your jap. maple collection, and the way you combined them for great color contrast. You are very talented ! Thanks for sharing !

o

• Posted by dlhl z6 TN (My Page) on
    Wed, May 30, 07 at 10:21

Breathtaking!!!!

o

I love the pink roses and puple clematis together! What a striking statement they make!

o

Everything looks beautiful! I love that Iris!! ever need to thin them let me know.
:)
Shellie

o

Beautiful! Beautiful! Thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures with us! Also really love that the butterfly found his way into your garden!

o

those japanese maples mixed with evergreens is amazing thanks for sharing

o

I love the dwarf conifers and maples, WOW! I just viewed a website about dwarf varieties but I have seen very little offered in local nurseries. I live on the North Shore did you buy anything in our area? Anyway i love all of it. The fountain is fantastic.Share more often.

o

Ladyslipper1, alot of my conifers came from Rich's Foxwillow Pines in Woodstock Illinois. It's probably your best bet for a "local" nusery that carries unique and dwarf conifers. Check out Coenosium and Gee Farms for mail order sources. Thanks for the positive response, I really appreciate it. Dan

o

Great contrasts!!

o

Oh my!!! How awesome! I have to go shopping now....

enabled.

o

SOOOOOO nice, a lot of hard work but soooooo worth it!

o

Love all the contrasts and colors...and the conifers are quite tempting. I haven't visited here either for awhile...so I'll be back with a few of my own...Very satisfying hard and enjoyable work you've done here Dan...

Juanita

o

The longer I garden the more I appreciate foliage and your choices are terrific.

o

Wondering if the japanese maples will grow in my area - we have very heavy, clay soil - live in the flats at the base of the Loess hills - I would be willing to amend the soil for these beauties

o

Great job.. Keep up the good work!

Rigo74

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 3, 07 at 7:10

Dan, I always enjoy your pictures. Keep em' coming. You have good taste...and a good eye.

o

Form, color, texture, contrast....well played, sir.

o

Do you mind me asking what is the bright green tree or bush in the first photo? Amy

o

Sorry, I haven't checked back in a while. Thanks for all of the nice comments. Nillarita, I have heavy clay soil as well. Most of my plants are planted in burms, raised stone beds or ammended beds. I don't know exactly where you're at, but I've had good luck with Japanese Maples for about the last 7-8 years. Both, the tree you mentioned is Acer shirasawanum 'Aureum' (Golden Full Moon Maple). Thanks, Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here