Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dansgrdn

Wow you guys are great/best of pics

dansgrdn
16 years ago

I haven't visited this forum in quite a while and I really enjoyed catching up on all of the posts and pics I've missed. Guess I have to make this a regular stop again for my daily garden picture fix. I have around 400 pics in photobucket sitting around doing nothing so I figured I'd post my best of.

{{gwi:58012}}

{{gwi:58014}}

{{gwi:58015}}

{{gwi:58016}}

{{gwi:58017}}

{{gwi:58018}}

{{gwi:58019}}

\{{gwi:58020}}

Dan

Comments (20)

• moebius
    16 years ago

beautifulst!!

Here is a link that might be useful: www.gardennauta.com

• jerriedee
    16 years ago

Your photos are very inspiring ! I love your jap. maple collection, and the way you combined them for great color contrast. You are very talented ! Thanks for sharing !

• dlhl
    16 years ago

Breathtaking!!!!

• wood_nymph_ont
    16 years ago

I love the pink roses and puple clematis together! What a striking statement they make!

• dosaye
    16 years ago

Everything looks beautiful! I love that Iris!! ever need to thin them let me know.
    :)
    Shellie

• neerod
    16 years ago

Beautiful! Beautiful! Thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures with us! Also really love that the butterfly found his way into your garden!

• tmetz
    16 years ago

those japanese maples mixed with evergreens is amazing thanks for sharing

• ladyslipper1
    16 years ago

I love the dwarf conifers and maples, WOW! I just viewed a website about dwarf varieties but I have seen very little offered in local nurseries. I live on the North Shore did you buy anything in our area? Anyway i love all of it. The fountain is fantastic.Share more often.

• dansgrdn
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ladyslipper1, alot of my conifers came from Rich's Foxwillow Pines in Woodstock Illinois. It's probably your best bet for a "local" nusery that carries unique and dwarf conifers. Check out Coenosium and Gee Farms for mail order sources. Thanks for the positive response, I really appreciate it. Dan

• kristal
    16 years ago

Great contrasts!!

• WendyB 5A/MA
    16 years ago

Oh my!!! How awesome! I have to go shopping now....

enabled.

• r-tist
    16 years ago

SOOOOOO nice, a lot of hard work but soooooo worth it!

• juanital
    16 years ago

Love all the contrasts and colors...and the conifers are quite tempting. I haven't visited here either for awhile...so I'll be back with a few of my own...Very satisfying hard and enjoyable work you've done here Dan...

Juanita

• inlimbo
    16 years ago

The longer I garden the more I appreciate foliage and your choices are terrific.

• nillarita
    16 years ago

Wondering if the japanese maples will grow in my area - we have very heavy, clay soil - live in the flats at the base of the Loess hills - I would be willing to amend the soil for these beauties

• rigo74
    16 years ago

Great job.. Keep up the good work!

Rigo74

• botann
    16 years ago

Dan, I always enjoy your pictures. Keep em' coming. You have good taste...and a good eye.

• wormdirt
    16 years ago

Form, color, texture, contrast....well played, sir.

• both
    16 years ago

Do you mind me asking what is the bright green tree or bush in the first photo? Amy

• dansgrdn
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry, I haven't checked back in a while. Thanks for all of the nice comments. Nillarita, I have heavy clay soil as well. Most of my plants are planted in burms, raised stone beds or ammended beds. I don't know exactly where you're at, but I've had good luck with Japanese Maples for about the last 7-8 years. Both, the tree you mentioned is Acer shirasawanum 'Aureum' (Golden Full Moon Maple). Thanks, Dan

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County