Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best of 2

beautifulst!!

Here is a link that might be useful: www.gardennauta.com

o

Dan you have such a gorgeous garden. Really enjoy your pics. What is the name of the shrub in the 2nd last picture? thanks Mona

o

Cactus?! Now dang it Dan, if I can't grown maples, and all those luscious evergreens you have, you shouldn't be able to grow cactus.

I'm beginning to think its not my climate that is the problem in keeping up with you. :)

o

Mona, if you're talking about the orange-leafed maple, it's Acer shirasawanum 'Autumn Moon'. The other plants in the picture are Japanese Variegated Sweetflag to the right (sorry I don't recall its Latin name) and Picea pungens 'Mrs. Cessarini', just showing a little geen at the top.
Rc, loved your response, the cactus in the picture is Opuntia humifusa (prickley pear cactus). It's actually hardy to Zone 4, but requires really sharp drainage to survive, even in my Zone 5. Given sharp drainage, it shrivels up in the winter but rehydrates come Spring and spreads like a weed once it gets going, love the flowers too, thanks for the comments, Dan

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 8, 07 at 4:28

Dan, I always enjoy your garden pictures. Good combinations, for one thing. Nice colors, for another. Keep em' coming!

o

Wow! Wow! And More Wow! Dan, what is the brilliant blue plant in #4?

o

gardengayle, the blue plant in the 5th picture is Centaurea montana. Thanks for the response, Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here