Tue, May 20, 08 at 8:05

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Rose Arbor

WOW! That is beautiful! How many rose bushes are we looking at? What kind are they? Do they smell? Thanks so much for sharing these with us!

~Sam

o

Thanks Sam.

Those are two climbing pinkie roses. One on each side of the arbor. The bottom two picks are looking at the arbor from one end.

The do have fragrance, but not a heavy fragrance like some roses.

o

WOW!!! I love your pictures. I have always wanted to do something like that in my yard; got as far as planting 2 climbers against my unsightly garage but did not have the foresight to add an arbor and a bench which, judging from yours, would have been gorgeous!!! Oh well, maybe next year.

Thanks so much for sharing. I am using the second picture as my screen saver so I can enjoy it on there even if I can't enjoy it in person.

Happy Gardening!

o

That is stunning! What a glorious setting.

o

Hey thanks for the kind words guys.

I just put up a collection of West Texas sunrise/sunset photos on Webshots if anyone wants to see some more of my pics.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/563534069DtneqY

Here is a link that might be useful: West Texas Sunrise and Sunsets on Webshots

o

Oh my gosh! Beautiful!! Can I come live in your yard? ;-) Just gorgeous.

o

That is just breathtaking. Thanks for sharing. How long did it take the climbers to get that large. Mine are going on three years and just now reaching the top of an 8 ft. arbor. I am not enjoying mine as much as your pics!

o

Sure Jodi, c'mon down... of course, we won't mention the dust storm we had out here in West Texas until you get here! :)

And, MB, mine took about three years to get going. But, gardening is SO "local"

o

Great looking Pinkie, I love that rose. And your arbor is so good looking.

.....Jane

o

• Posted by michi81 Miami, FL Zone 10 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 21, 08 at 2:17

I have to say that I used to dream of that type of setting in my backyard when I was in high school. I still dab here and there in gardening and still dream of having a bench with an arbor just like yours!! Awesome!! Nice to know someone is living my dream ha ha ha!!

o

absolutely beautiful! how old are these roses? how many rose vine did you use to achieve this look??

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here