Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Columbine determined to shine!

Posted by ellez6 Z6 (My Page) on
Sat, May 11, 13 at 10:00

I first thought I had some weedy clover coming through a crack in my retaining wall... Every day driving into the garage, I would remind myself that I needed to pull it out... but then would forget. Then the leaves began to look a bit odd shaped for clover... plus, I saw a flower bud... and thought - wow... maybe it's the "pretty" clover, oxalis, just with a strange leaf shape. I thought, I'll just wait and enjoy a little bloom for a minute... before I pull it out and trash it. And then... BAM... this morning I drove out to see this beautiful columbine flower! I still can't believe it! HOW did it get there?!?! LOL... I don't have columbine anywhere in my yard, nor in any of my neighbors' yards... but lo and behold, it's growing through a tiny sliver of a CRACK in my retaining wall. What should I do, folks? The crack isn't anywhere near large enough to dig it out at the root to transplant... How can I save this beauty? Or should I just enjoy it while it lasts...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Columbine determined to shine!

Enjoy it and save the seeds maybe. Love the color of this one.

o

Very pretty indeed!

o

Awe, pretty baby. Leave it i say.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here