Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new container garden pic

Posted by loriafopiano 6 (My Page) on
Wed, May 31, 06 at 13:16

Last year my DH and I put in a front walkway, and we've decided to use a large container in the adjacent area to mark the spot above where our septic cover is located (for easy reference). Kinda like making lemons into lemonade.

Anyway, here's a pic; it's a combo of an ornamental grass, coleus, supertunia, and sweet potato vine. It's only been in a couple of weeks, but I'm hoping it'll do well over the long haul...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new container garden pic

This is very special, one of the best containers I've seen! Please share a photo later on when its become full and lush with the supertunia and purple-leaved sweet potato trailing down. Excellent combo and I LOVE that pot.

BTW, the Siberian Iris in the background are very nice too.

T

o
RE: new container garden pic

Trudi,

Thanks for the kind words! I expect everything should do okay in this sunny location (even the coleus...I've tried one before in the sun) as long as I remember to keep it well watered; containers can dry up pretty quickly. Will post a follow-up if all goes well.

Lori

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here