Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'd like to show off my flowers

Posted by rubrum z4 in NE WI (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 2, 06 at 12:14

Hi! Here's a link to my flowers and beds. I hope you enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Jessica's flower beds

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'd like to show off my flowers

You have a lot of the same flowers as in my gardens: bleeding heart, iris, blue fescue, phlox, crabapple. What I don't have are the hens and chicks; my hot sunny yard would probably be ideal for them!

Nice job with the gardens and the photography. I especially like the pic of the swallowtail on lilac!

Lori

o

• Posted by rubrum z4 in NE WI (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 2, 06 at 15:45

Lori, would you like to trade? I'll be gone next week, but feel free to contact me via email (can we do that?) and let me know what else you have! I've got lots of hens and chicks that should be thinned out!

o
Sounds good!

I've never traded before, but that's a great idea! I have been moving things around the last couple of weeks just looking for places to put things that I've thinned. I'll send you an email.

Lori

o

Very nice photos, Jessica. I especially like your Trilliums.

The plant you need an ID for (first page, with yellow flowers, next to forget-me-not photo) is Lamium galeobdolon aka Yellow Archangel. It's often grown as a houseplant, as well.

Your "what's this" on page 2 is sedum...possibly a variety of Sedum spurium.

Happy gardening!

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of Yellow Archangel

o

• Posted by rubrum z4 in NE WI (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 3, 06 at 16:09

wow, that's exactly it, the yellow archangel. I was told it may be dead nettle, or some vine that starts with a V. It's a spreading viny type plant that is a great groundcover in a shaded garden. Thanks so much for that positive ID!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here