want to feel like one of you

Posted by donnann 5 MA (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 13, 06 at 12:47

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

QVC MINI ROSE

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: want to feel like one of you

Very nice pic! I'd love to grow roses, especially mini roses but I've almost completely run out of space in my "garden" -

So, Welcome to GW Donnanne! Are you brand new to the forums or are you a serial lurker as so many others are?

o

2 yrs. I've been here but was very intimidated when I saw the other pics. I also posted another pic along with this one on the rose gallery under the same heading. It is a pic of my circus just starting to open up. I'm surprised their doing so well with all the rain we've had.
I never thought the mini's were going to get so large but just found out that mini means the size of the rose. Thanks for the welcome. Donna

o

Hi Donna - I too was intimidated at first by some of the other pics & posts but after receiving such nice praise about my amateur pics & some of the funny things people say about their own pics I decided to Go For It! I have a mini-rose question for you, as I understand it most roses require a lot of direct Sun to thrive, my Mom's grow like crazy up in VA on the south side of their house. If you've seen the pics of my 'garden' you probably know my space is limited & the amount of direct Sun even more so. I was able to successfully grow tomatoes this spring & am wondering if I could grow mini-roses in containers in or near the same location. More ?s : how big do the plants get & do they handle pruning well & the big question is will they be OK in FL with the heat, humidity & lack of a real winter?
Thanks again & show us some more pics!
-irbnate

o

just beautiful donna. i felt like i could reach out and touch/smell it.

maryanne

o

A very nice picture indeed! Well worth posting. Thank you. I only have three rose bushes on 10 acres. Perhaps I should grow some more.

o

Beautiful! I lvoe the way you caught the light hitting the rose!

o

what a beautiful picture! thank you for sharing!

o

Please post more.
You did a wonderful job of capturing that beautiful rose.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here