Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone seen this before?

Posted by joe29jl 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 15:07

Hi,
I have attached a picture of what might be a bug but I am not sure. It has about ten what look like legs and is all white. I am in central New Jersey and we started seeing these in late Spring. They seem to float rather than fly and when they land their legs move about. They are in differing sizes with the one in the photo I took is about a 1/2 inch.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone seen this before?

interesting,i am curious about it

Here is a link that might be useful: Voiture de Sport

o

I had these on my deck several years ago and they returned the next 3 years also. I contacted the County Extension Office and they looked at this bug and it is a form of aphid. If you watch it very carefully it will move very slowly. It fell from my maple tree unto the deck. What a mess. There was nothing I could do about it and about the end of July the cycle was over so we could again use the deck. By the way the tree was huge and full of them.

o

What's wrong with my bell!?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here