{{gwi:59640}}

{{gwi:59641}}

{{gwi:59642}}

{{gwi:59643}}

Thanks for looking! :)

Comments (21)

• piksi_hk
    18 years ago

I enjoyed the your pics. What are the lovely blue flowers and the bell-shaped flowers?

• flowergirl_VA
    18 years ago

Your plantings in front of the house are beautiful. Those hostas are superb! What eye-catchers!

• Claire_from_Michigan
    18 years ago

I enjoyed your flowers and your dog... how cute!!! I like how you put your name in the corner of the pictures.. I might want to do that myself!

I love those urns BTW, very well done!

Makes me want to get off my butt and take more pics in my yard, although not nearly as beautiful as yours, but I cheat and take pics ONLY of the flowers so you can't see the weeds! LOL

~Claire

• nannyval1
    18 years ago

How lovely, I want to walk in your garden, it feels wonderfully peaceful!!! You surely are the envy of your neighbors.

Claire - I cheat the same way!!!

• skygardening
    18 years ago

What a pretty place. I was wondering how much sun the hostas get. I have a place that gets sun until about 2:00 pm. Would they work there? If so what kind are they? I don't know much about Hosta's.

• Joyce
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks everyone!

The blue flowers are Anagallis monellii and the bell shaped flowers are Campanula punctata 'Cherry Bells'*.
    *FAIR WARNING: MORE INVASIVE THAN BAMBOO!

skygardening, they are Sum & Substance Hosta and they get full sun until about noonish.
    They are kept constantly moist by our inground automatic sprinkler system.
    They get compost and Osmocote in the spring.
    You could try it...if they seem like they are struggling, then move them. :)

• jerriedee
    18 years ago

Your pics are fantastic!Your pathway up to the gate looks very cool and inviting.I love campanulas too, yours look great! Is that foxglove "obsura"? It's very colorful!

• Eliza_ann_ca
    18 years ago

Beautiful garden and home.
    I love your front entrance!

Eliza Ann

• Vikki1747
    18 years ago

Joyce, make sure you send us pictures of your pathway when those impatients and coleous fill out. I can only imagine how spectacular that will look. As usual, your pictures are the fantastic! Vikki

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Wonderful garden! Your hosta leaves are bigger than your sweet little dog. ;-) I hope he doesn't get lost but if he's like mine he'll make himself noticed.

Nancy

• cindydj
    18 years ago

What is the big silver fuszzy looking leaf in your urn? Great photo. I was just thinking today about a small water container you may have inspired me to do it...Great gardens

• Joyce
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks everyone again!

Thanks Cindy, Its Salvia argenta.

Thanks Jerridee, yes, it is Digitalis obscura.

Vikki, will post pix when it fills out, just planted it, each with a little spoonful of Osmocote... so will give it a month or so.

• springa7
    18 years ago

Those are beautiful pictures. That "obscura" foxglove in the 8th picture has a very interesting color. I really like the lilies and the deep blue flowers.

You have a very cute dog, too!

• dzs1945
    18 years ago

how much do you charge for a tour? daniel

• Lyuda
    18 years ago

Beautiful pictures! What kind of camera do you use?
    I noticed that even background and close-ups look great.Your poppy is a cuty :)
    Thank you for sharing,
    Lyuda.

• gardens1948
    18 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! I love the urns at your front entrance. I've been looking for something like that for my front porch.

Looks like you have a large pond also. Your lilies look great.

Ann

• poseyrosey
    18 years ago

Beautiful!!! Very Elegant :)

Judy

• plantfreak
    18 years ago

Very nice! Those yellow-green hostas are out of control! Wow, they are beautiful. PF

• Hawthorn_Cottage
    18 years ago

Joyce, just wanted to add too, that l enjoyed your garden and plant photo's,.......for once l too was familiar with the plants.l will try to get Digitalis obscura,as l have recently bought foxgloves for a small,'woodland', corner, and my Hosta,'Sum and Substance', grew so large, that this spring, l just had to divide it.

• blondiesc
    15 years ago

I know this is an older post, but very worthy of being bumped up. Don't you agree? Beautiful photos!

• patsi
    15 years ago

Did you ever think of building a webpage around your garden pictures?

Patsi