Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Compact gardening

Posted by bencjedi (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 6, 07 at 23:19

I'm trying to raise a garden that you'd see on a bag of Miracle Grow potting soil. LOL
What do you think so far?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Compact gardening

A journey of a million miles begins with a fist step... and it looks like you are off and running.

Let us see those bad boys in a couple of months when they are topping out.

o

Smart use of small space! Lovely pic.

o

I felt the need to grow climbing plants, so I painstakingly created a trellis out of a cattle panel and 4 T-posts and then picked up discarded cinder blocks and bricks to make a nice raised bed to host the plantings on the southern side of the arch. It took me 2 full afternoons to construct the addition, but I think it will be worth it. By the time the original side of the garden is full grown, I don't think the viney plants (cucumbers and yellow baby melons) will have too much impact on their sunlight. Time will tell I guess.

o

Nice! I want to see it now! does it have any growth on it?

o

You better believe it has growth! :)

o

I like your trellis...good job! I might have to steal the idea. All your plants look very lush and beautiful.
Pearl

o

great job !

i may be snitching the idea too. looks great!

o

• Posted by bencjedi 6 - Central Kentucky (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 21, 07 at 22:33

Thank you both for the admiration. I was very happy with this cattle panel idea that I actually stole from others on this forum. It was the most inexpensive way to give me some more growing room. I'm actually considering tossing the thick, clear packing plastic that mattresses come shipped in over the frame to see if I can make a temporary greenhouse to get the growing started earlier in 2008.

I also kept a photo diary of the growing season on another thread if you want to see more photos of my garden.

Here is a link that might be useful: Verticle Gardening cattle panel thread

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here