o
'Tonto' Crepe Myrtle

Posted by paula_in_PA z6 SEPA ChesCo (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 27, 05 at 9:19

In full bloom in my back yard

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Tonto' Crepe Myrtle

Hey Paula, beautiful crepe myrtle. But I'm really curious to know what the plant is just below and left of the spirea. Is it a perenial? Thanks for sharing.

Jer (yardrat)

o

Hey yardrat...thanks,,

Immediately to the left of the spirea is annual Salvia splendens 'Sangria', and then to it's left is a variegated Phlox 'Nora Leigh'

o

It's hard to beat a crepe for 4 seasons of interest.

o

OH MY....That has to be hands down the most outstanding Crepe Myrtle I have ever seen. I must be doing something terribly wrong. Do you have a secret pruning talent?

o

Awesome...sure wish we could grow them in our zone!

Eliza Ann

o

• Posted by doniki z5/6 NE Ohio (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 27, 05 at 23:05

Great picture... I'm so jealous.... My Tonto's are starting to bud, but they are dieback's here, so I can forget about ever seeing something like that in my yard... You have a beautiful color combination there...

o

"Wow, 'Tonto' big heap red color Lone Ranger"

o

lol plantfreak

I prune off the previous year's dead flower clusters in spring, while it's leafing out. I've only had it 3 years (bought it large) and I think it's location is good. Southerly, hot and sunny, and somewhat protected. Thanks all

o

That's a winner, Paula! My poor 'Natchez' has been beetle infested this year. Without hand picking them, I wouldn't have any flowers left.

o

That's gorgeous. :)

o

Yes, I'm with Donoki. I'm jealous. I planted a Tonto, but was not able to get mine going. Beautiful.

o

I just planted a Tonto this summer in my Lexington KY yard...can't wait until it gets rooted and growing!

o

I must say that my two Tontos here in New Jersey looked great, but yours looks WOW!

o

One good thing about a hot summer....Crepe's love it... still blooming...taken this morning. Thanks all

o

Beautiful crape myrtle. I love that color.

Suz

o

WOuld you mind posting the picture again. I have a Tonto and would love to see yours. I am planning to turn my shrubby Tonto into a tree.

o

Hi there, I no longer post photos here , but here's some pics at a different forum I frequent

Here is a link that might be useful: The Garden Forums

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here