Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I like purple and yellows...

Posted by paula_in_PA z6 SEPA ChesCo (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 27, 05 at 9:23

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I like purple and yellows...

Beautiful! I love blue salvia with so many other flowers, it seems to bring out the best in them.

o

OOOOh, yes. That is a winning combination. Are the yellow ones sunflowers with green eyes? I've seen them advertised in catalogs.

Kristi

o

Kristi, it's just some Burpee Rudbeckia hirta 'Irish Eyes' plants I started from seed. They are different, no black eye!

o

Very nice!

o

Iam a new gardner for about (3) years and I would love to plant a clematis. I see these beautiful vines planted on mailboxes and trellis. Do they have to be planted in rich soil? I know about planting there roots in shade. Please help!

o

I like it too.
Pale golden marguerite looks heavenly with purple liatris. I try to get my blues and purples near my yellows, it looks great.

o

flowers - you're on the right track - clematis like sun and compost amended soil, and their roots in shade. Their tendrils cannot grab on to surfaces wider than about the width of your finger, so use a twine network, or nylon mesh type cloth for them to get established on.

o

Paula -

Yes, now I remember. Rudbeckia hirta 'Irish Eyes'. Indeed, I have seen it in the Burpee catalog. I like it better than the brown-eyed Rudbeckia's...but then my favorite color is green.

Kristi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here