Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eroctuse2

Link to 664 Photo's(Mostly Iris)

eroctuse2
18 years ago

Hello everyone!

I've never posted in this forum before (I'm always in the Iris Forum), but I thought you might like to take a look at my new galleries.

I've got pictures of many things. From this year's American Iris Society Convention in St. Louis to pictures of 2000lb horses at the National Clydesdale Sale in Springfield, IL I've got plenty of pics of just about anything Nature.

Dogs, bugs, birds, flowers, cats, horses, and more are all here.

I only ask one thing: if you do view them please respect my wishes. I've put many many hours into this in an effort to be kind to others. So I ask that you do not copy or use these images without my permission.

If you'd like to share the link to view them that's just fine, but I would really appreciate it if you would please ask me before you use my photo's. I share these because I believe I can trust most gardener's, but I'll be inclined not to share if these are mistreated.

I don't mean to preemptively scold anyone, but I've been painfully reminded that most things shared online aren't safe.

So with all of that aside, I hope that you'll stop by. It would mean alot to me to know that these are appreciated.

Thank-you for taking the time. I hope you enjoy them.

Brock

If I haven't convinced you to take a peek, here are a few samples. Please take a look at the others by clicking the link below. :)

{{gwi:59952}}

{{gwi:59954}}

{{gwi:59956}}

{{gwi:59957}}

Here is a link that might be useful: My Galleries

Comments (14)

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

Wonderful shots of gorgeous flowers! Thanks for sharing!

~Rosemarie

• eroctuse2
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I have to admit I'm a little surprised. I really thought that all these pictures would have been a hit. I suppose that shows what I know. :)

Thank-you Rosemarie, at least I know you liked them. :)
    Brock

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

Brock, sometimes it's just a matter of overload...it can be a bit overwhelming to have so many to look at all at once. I'm sure many enjoyed them, even though not commenting. :)

Sometimes I only have a minute to hit the forums & can only glance at posts. You never know.

~R

• NikkoBlue
    18 years ago

The photos are wonderful. You definitly are a wonderful gardener and photographer..... but lighten up, were not out to steel your glory.

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

A lot of times I look at all of the pics posted but don't take time to comment on each one. I know others do the same thing. There's just so much to see and read on Gardenweb that by the time you do all that you're out of time. Your pics are delightful!

Nancy

• lama
    18 years ago

I agree, I usually ooh and ahh over pictures, but feel posting a silly comment (such as this one) is just a waste of time. That said....ohhhh.....ahhhh...nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

• eroctuse2
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank-you everyone for your comments.

lama,

I really don't think they're silly. You don't know how much I appreciate hearing that someone thinks the hours and hours I've put into this haven't been wasted. This wasn't just a spur of the moment "oh what the heck. I'll put up a few pictures"

This was weeks of every spare minute I had just to edit these let alone the trips out of state to get these shots. I don't mean to harp on anyone. I just want to get it across that this was a large project and if nobody notices it, it's not worth wasting my time next time.

• NikkoBlue
    18 years ago

Your pictures are wonderful, if you want a huge audience, why don't you publish them? I think you have a great collection with plenty of pictures, this would also solve your delema of having people use your pictures without your permission. I am very serious, have a friend or yourself write a small book and include your great photo collection.

• lama
    18 years ago

I hope you didn't take my message the wrong way (I am a photographer too and I understand the time consuming nature of editing and taking photos). I just wanted to add that I find the Garden Web Forum in general to be different than some other forums that I have visited. Most of the posts here only get one or two responses it seems, whereas at other forums people would have posted 50 comments in the first hour all saying how they love your pictures. I kind of like this forum for being to the point without being overly chatty. You ask a question and get an answer, then the thread dies...but I must say, the pictures on this site are some of the best I have seen, so I love to just come surf through all the great shots people have shared (I had already admired alot of your pictures over in the Iris forum actually). So I didn't mean that you shouldn't share, I love to look at them, but I just don't think this forum is the place to get the response you were hoping for (it must be those big green thumbs making it difficult to type!). I think publishing them would be a great idea!

• cheleinri
    18 years ago

Obviously, you are a passionate photographer & iris collector. You should produce catalogs. Thanks for sharing!

• Vikki1747
    18 years ago

Brock, I looked at your Iris photos. Wow...they are grand. You have built quite a portfolio of fabulous pictures that you can enjoy forever. Thanks for sharing. Vikki

• JoanofPa
    18 years ago

I am so disappointed. I only see the yellow iris. When I click slideshow nothing happens. Thought you should know.

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

JoanofPa, you need to click on the name of one of the albums above that yellow Iris & then click slideshow for each album.

I just went back & watched the Orchid slideshow. OooEeee, they were pretty! I think I've only seen 3 of those before. Very nice!

I'll pick another album next visit.

~Rosemarie

• spage1
    18 years ago

WEll, I looked at every photo and oohed and ahhed all the way thru. Those Clydesdale are amazing. Visited the farms while in St. Louis one time and was just amazed at the size of those animals. I like the black one best tho. The puppies were precious. Now the flowers, iris are one of my favorite. I visited the Scheriners gardens last May while in Oregon. I could have stayed all day and just walked and looked. Your photos are great, wish I could take photos that good. I know it must take hours to edit and do everything that must be done to produce a site like that. I do a little photo playing around with the grand kids and all but nothing like yours. Keep up the good work and keep posting.

Sponsored