Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Well, Good Morning!

Posted by RosemarieRo z11/24 So Calif (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 20, 05 at 11:03

Nice blue to awaken to...with a green fly (?)! Ipomoea acuminata, Blue Dawn Flower (appropriately named):

~Rosemarie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Well, Good Morning!

COOL! Made it my wallpaper today!

o

WOW! Beautiful photo! Love the color and the close up.

o

Yes! I have Blue Dawn in my garden as well. Mine seems to change color over the course of the day, starting out blue as in your photo and looking more reddish/purple in the evening. Blue Dawn is a good morning glory in that it does not reseed itself readily, as do some.

KW

o

Wonderful! Look at those eyes!

o

Thanks, folks! Glad you liked.

Paula, funny...I've taken thousands of pix & never used any for my wallpaper...till TODAY! I followed your lead & tried it out. Think I'll have to just pick quickly, so as not to be overwhelmed in the decison-making process! :D

Ginger, yes they fade to pink. Although they don't reseed (they are perennial), they DO travel far if you don't keep them in check. This plant has helped to give my garden the name "jungle"! :D Hee hee! (I have found exactly TWO seed pods over the course of 5 yrs.)

~Rosemarie

o

LOL Rosemarie,,, I'm always 'right-clicking' - making pictures from all over the GW my wallpaper, and also saving them for inspiration!

o

Stunning photo. Thanks for posting it.

o

That's a FABULOUS picture - the green bug on the blue flower is just too cool!

o

MY GAWD, that's beautiful!!! Wish I could figure out how to take closeups on my digicam. You've certainly mastered it. Just gorgeous.

o

Glad you like it! I EVEN got a compliment from my hubby when he saw it on my puter screen! Ha!

~Rosemarie

o

We have that morning glory growing all over our lower fence.I just love it,both at the bud stage and in full flower.
Kathi

o

Mine has spread quite a bit over the past few years. I have just recently started yanking it out in large sections. It will regrow in NO time! :)

~R

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here