Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rcnaylor

Hibiscus - always good for a shot

rcnaylor
15 years ago

Here is a little hardy hibiscus I picked up Friday to plant in the back yard where the dogs did another one in. While it was on the porch, it just seemed to want its picture taken:

{{gwi:60073}}

Comments (4)

• botann
    15 years ago

Wow!
    Almost makes me want to grow some. Only problem is, they are late to leaf out and when I had one everybody would say in the Spring when everything else is blooming, "What killed that plant?". They do look good here in the Fall when planted with Sorbus.

• rcnaylor
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Botann. I don't guess I've ever seen sorbus.

Here's another angle of a hardy hibiscus today

{{gwi:60074}}

• georgew79
    15 years ago

Hi that is a very nice hardy hibiscus, i have some pink ones and one that is called Disco Bell which is pink and white with a dark red center. I though I had one called Texas Star which are supposed to be red, but it turned out to be pink also so I don't know just what it is. I wish that they had the color range like the tropical ones do, with orages, blues, yellows and purples all mixed together. Here in Missouri its hard to find any really nice colored Hardy hibiscus, if you live in one of the many small towns, unless you order one over the internet or get some seeds from some one growing them. I think that they are all nice plants any way.
    George W. Z5-6 MO.

• iris_gal
    15 years ago

RC ~~ Your top picture is worthy of a cover, book or magazine. Just great!

Sponsored