Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hibiscus - always good for a shot

Posted by rcnaylor z7 Tex (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 6, 08 at 11:39

Here is a little hardy hibiscus I picked up Friday to plant in the back yard where the dogs did another one in. While it was on the porch, it just seemed to want its picture taken:

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hibiscus - always good for a shot

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 6, 08 at 13:58

Wow!
Almost makes me want to grow some. Only problem is, they are late to leaf out and when I had one everybody would say in the Spring when everything else is blooming, "What killed that plant?". They do look good here in the Fall when planted with Sorbus.

o

Thanks Botann. I don't guess I've ever seen sorbus.

Here's another angle of a hardy hibiscus today

Photobucket

o

Hi that is a very nice hardy hibiscus, i have some pink ones and one that is called Disco Bell which is pink and white with a dark red center. I though I had one called Texas Star which are supposed to be red, but it turned out to be pink also so I don't know just what it is. I wish that they had the color range like the tropical ones do, with orages, blues, yellows and purples all mixed together. Here in Missouri its hard to find any really nice colored Hardy hibiscus, if you live in one of the many small towns, unless you order one over the internet or get some seeds from some one growing them. I think that they are all nice plants any way.
George W. Z5-6 MO.

o

RC ~~ Your top picture is worthy of a cover, book or magazine. Just great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here