Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mngardengal

A few flower pics

MNGardengal
18 years ago

I just got a new camera so I'm practicing, hoping to become the photographer some of you are.

Here's some pics of a few flowers I've had blooming so far this year.

Delphinium - up close after a rain

{{gwi:60105}}

Iris - I'm not sure of the name - it was given to me.

{{gwi:60106}}

Another Iris from the same person. I'd be happy to name them if anyone happens to know what they are.

{{gwi:60107}}

Dianthus or "pinks" as we call them.

{{gwi:60108}}

Perennial Bachelor Button

{{gwi:60109}}

Cushion Spurge

{{gwi:60110}}

Close up of Cushion Spurge

{{gwi:60111}}

This is a picture taken last year. The home of all my flowers.

{{gwi:60112}}

A view at night.

{{gwi:60113}}

Thanks for looking. Happy 4th to everyone!

Comments (16)

• KYgardener
    18 years ago

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing those! It makes me want to go outside and plant some more (almost). I really like the cushion spurge. I've never heard of that before.

• jerriedee
    18 years ago

Great pics ! You look to be well on your way to becoming a pro photographer!Also love your landscaping skills.

• Eliza_ann_ca
    18 years ago

What a beautiful garden!
    Your flowers are stunning!

Eliza Ann

• flowergirl_VA
    18 years ago

Your garden is fabulous! You're going to have so much fun with your camera. :-D

• springa7
    18 years ago

Beautiful. I especially like the pictures of the Delphiniums and perennial Bachelor's Button.

• JoanMN
    18 years ago

That iris pic (of the ones given to you) is fabulous...well composed, beautiful colors!

• carol510
    18 years ago

Yoou are at a great start! Lovely and beautifully done!!!

• defaultro
    18 years ago

Hey guys,

Are there any reliable/trustful internet stores that I can buy those plants you showed but in seeds? :P

Thanks guys!!!

• GawdinFever
    18 years ago

WOW! Nice pics and landscaping! I love that Cushion spurge too! Never heard of it!

Susanne

• defaultro
    18 years ago

I love those Perennial Bachelor Button and Cushion spurge but no one has answered my questions yet. :( Where do I buy those?

• MNGardengal
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I've seen Perennial Bachelor Button in seeds but not Cushion Spurge (not to say you can't get them in seeds however). Mine were plants when I purchased them at a local greenhouse. I haven't ordered much off the internet yet, so I can't help you much there.

The Cushion Spurge blooms a fluorescent yellow in the spring, stays green all summer and then turns a bronze/red in the fall. It stays in a nice rounded shrub like form all year. Doesn't get leggy like some plants. It's also very hardy. Our winters get 20-30 below sometimes.

Thanks for your compliments. I'm glad you liked the pictures.

• RAsunee
    18 years ago

Stunning! It is just stunningly gorgeous photos. Congrats to your gardening success!!

BTW, the blue/white iris that you don't know the name is called "Iris 'Wabash'". You can get detail information from the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Iris 'Wabash'

• cindee11461
    18 years ago

Beautiful flowers and garden. I wish someone knew the name of the iris in first picture. It is so beautiful. I have a lot of iris but none that color.

• carol23_gw
    18 years ago

Lovely flowers!
    The first Iris could be 'Wabash', but there are other similar cultivars.

Here is a link that might be useful: Iris 'Wabash'

• flowersandthings
    18 years ago

I especially love your delhpinium and centaurea pic. :)

• caflowerluver
    18 years ago

Great photos of some beautiful flowers. Love the purple & white iris one but my favorite is the Perennial Bachelor Button. You did a very good close up shot on that one. Keep up the good work.

Sponsored