Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few flower pics

Posted by MNGardengal z3-4 MN (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 1, 05 at 11:51

I just got a new camera so I'm practicing, hoping to become the photographer some of you are.

Here's some pics of a few flowers I've had blooming so far this year.

Delphinium - up close after a rain
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Iris - I'm not sure of the name - it was given to me.

Another Iris from the same person. I'd be happy to name them if anyone happens to know what they are.

Dianthus or "pinks" as we call them.

Perennial Bachelor Button

Cushion Spurge

Close up of Cushion Spurge

This is a picture taken last year. The home of all my flowers.

A view at night.

Thanks for looking. Happy 4th to everyone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few flower pics

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing those! It makes me want to go outside and plant some more (almost). I really like the cushion spurge. I've never heard of that before.

o

Great pics ! You look to be well on your way to becoming a pro photographer!Also love your landscaping skills.

o

What a beautiful garden!
Your flowers are stunning!

Eliza Ann

o

Your garden is fabulous! You're going to have so much fun with your camera. :-D

o

Beautiful. I especially like the pictures of the Delphiniums and perennial Bachelor's Button.

o

That iris pic (of the ones given to you) is fabulous...well composed, beautiful colors!

o

Yoou are at a great start! Lovely and beautifully done!!!

o

Hey guys,

Are there any reliable/trustful internet stores that I can buy those plants you showed but in seeds? :P

Thanks guys!!!

o

WOW! Nice pics and landscaping! I love that Cushion spurge too! Never heard of it!

Susanne

o

I love those Perennial Bachelor Button and Cushion spurge but no one has answered my questions yet. :( Where do I buy those?

o

I've seen Perennial Bachelor Button in seeds but not Cushion Spurge (not to say you can't get them in seeds however). Mine were plants when I purchased them at a local greenhouse. I haven't ordered much off the internet yet, so I can't help you much there.

The Cushion Spurge blooms a fluorescent yellow in the spring, stays green all summer and then turns a bronze/red in the fall. It stays in a nice rounded shrub like form all year. Doesn't get leggy like some plants. It's also very hardy. Our winters get 20-30 below sometimes.

Thanks for your compliments. I'm glad you liked the pictures.

o

Stunning! It is just stunningly gorgeous photos. Congrats to your gardening success!!

BTW, the blue/white iris that you don't know the name is called "Iris 'Wabash'". You can get detail information from the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Iris 'Wabash'

o

Beautiful flowers and garden. I wish someone knew the name of the iris in first picture. It is so beautiful. I have a lot of iris but none that color.

o

Lovely flowers!
The first Iris could be 'Wabash', but there are other similar cultivars.

Here is a link that might be useful: Iris 'Wabash'

o

I especially love your delhpinium and centaurea pic. :)

o

Great photos of some beautiful flowers. Love the purple & white iris one but my favorite is the Perennial Bachelor Button. You did a very good close up shot on that one. Keep up the good work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here