Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coneflower and Daylily

Posted by runktrun z7a MA (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 27, 05 at 13:00

I love this combination of the purple coneflower with the daylily 'Cherry Cheeks'.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coneflower and Daylily

Beautiful combination! What is the purple flowering plant way in the back?

~Rosemarie

o

Thanks, the purple flower is Hydrangea 'Pia' in very acidic soil.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

Lovely! I like the brick path too. :-)

o

I like that combo, too. :-)

o

Your garden is simply beautiful!

Eliza Ann

o

At the sight of your landscape my jaw just dropped. That is gorgeous, lush and healthy. So unlike my California garden in poor soil, no rain and irrigating with hard water. You are obviously energetic and talented, but also lucky to live where you do. I have purple coneflowers planted with Decatur Apricot dayliles but can't say I'm proud enough to post a picture of them.

Cherry Cheeks always looks good in the gardening catalogs but the catalogs can be quite misleading. In your garden it really does look as good as it does in the catalogs. This year I'm growing daylily Persian Market for the first time and found it to be a great color; the catalog did not lie. Another daylily I can recommend but that does not get a lot of publicity is Siloam Rainbow Magic. When it catches the morning sun as I view it through my kitchen window it puts a bright glow on my whole day.

Thanks for showing us your garden.
Kristi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here