Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue Dragonfly

Posted by carol23 z6PA (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 22, 05 at 13:22

This creature was sunning itself on a daylily, then moved to a poppy pod. Luckily he wasn't shy.... so I was able to get close.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue Dragonfly

Those are exquisite snaps, Carol! Especially the last, with him staring you down! :D

~Rosemarie

o

What a ham!! It looks like he's posing for you! (He's even smiling in the last shot!)

The close-ups are astounding. I also like the first photo; because of the dragonfly's colours, he becomes part of the composition, complementing one flower colour, while echoing another. Wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

o

Fantastic shots! I've never seen one so close up before. Thanks for sharing it!

Nancy

o

WOW! That's some camera you have! :-)

o

Thank you, everyone! I had a private e-mail asking about my camera. It's an older model Nikon, Coolpix 950 which I use as a point-and-shoot camera on the " flower" mode.
It's only when I see the photo on the monitor that I realize the detail.
I was amazed to see the little creature had fuzz!
Now if only I can capture the image of a hummingbird. I can hear them and almost had a photo yesterday when another hummingbird chased out the invader of his territory. With Lilium lancifolium in flower now, they will be here constantly.
Carol

o

Carol,
Consider sending this pic to a few universities. It is a textbook worthy photo, and someone will thank you for it.

o

Carol those are outstanding! Thanks for sharing your camera info too. I've been thinking about getting a new one and I will definitely check out the Nikon Coolpix now.

o

Lavinia2, that's a great suggestion. I intend to follow up on it. There are a few other photos that might be useful for the entomology departments.

o

We live near a small lake and have many dragon flies. My teenage daughter thought these were the best photos she has seen. She especially thought the last one was "cute".

o

INCREDIBLE!

o

What wonderful macro shots of it!!

o

Wow Wow Wow!! That last one is an absolute stunner! It reminds me of an old Outer Limits episode...anyone remember the Zanti Misfits? ;-D

o

Thanks again! I don't remember Zanti Misfits but will see if there is something on the net about it, Paula!

o

this is them!

Here is a link that might be useful: Zanti Misfits

o

Haha! It does look similar, Paula! Mine may have a better smile....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Photo Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here